Any plans for Thanksgiving?

Favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanksgiving (Xpost)

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you thankful for? My fiance, our friends, our families, our cat, how blessed we are to have what we have (material things, roof over our head, etc.)

Any plans for Thanksgiving? It is my parents turn to host this year. So road trip time! Perfect excuse to go to Austin.

Favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving? Stuffing and green bean casserole.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you thankful for? What is there not to be thankful for really? I am greatful for all the blessings in my life.

Any plans for Thanksgiving? Yep-- Cooking the entire meal, and hosting military members in Training to come over and eat. Very excited to give back!

Favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving? I love cranberries. It is really the only time of the year that I ever serve them.
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for quite a bit, but I am extremely thankful for living through my car accident a few weeks ago! My car was totally smashed, and I walked away with nothing more serious than a few bumps and bruises and a back injury that has now been resolved.

Our plans involve hanging out with whatever family might be available, and cleaning this house to get ready for December. I am not leaving for a 2+ week honeymoon without the house being clean first lol.

I love my pumpkin cheesecake!
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is so much to be thankful for this year, but I'm thankful for my wonderful supportive family and fiance especially.

It's kind of tradition for FI's friends to go out together the night before Thanksgiving, and my mom and brother are cooking at my parents house this year. They are the best cooks in the family so it should be yummy.

Mashed Potatoes! And this pumpkin dessert that my mom makes that everyone fights over the last piece.

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AKG- Oh my! It is such a blessing and a miracle that you were ok after such an awful crash! So glad you are fine. I pray you are safe on your honeymoon and over the holidays.

Baby Blue- That is so nice of you! How did you get involved in hosting Thanksgiving for our military?

Rich- Isn't it nice to have supportive fiancés and family? I don't know what I would do without mine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    San Antonio has 2 main training bases there, and every year they set up a volunteering effort to provide a place for them to go besides the base. It is a really awesome program and a great way to connect with the community.
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_thanksgiving-xpost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:86ac5aec-2a61-4353-bd68-dcff46d8a5bfPost:2f30ca36-d4ae-480a-a09b-f30bc1d3088f">Re: Thanksgiving (Xpost)</a>:
    [QUOTE]AKG- Oh my! It is such a blessing and a miracle that you were ok after such an awful crash! So glad you are fine. I pray you are safe on your honeymoon and over the holidays. Baby Blue- That is so nice of you! How did you get involved in hosting Thanksgiving for our military? Rich- Isn't it nice to have supportive fiancés and family? I don't know what I would do without mine.
    Posted by erollis[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! </div>
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thankful for everything I have been given, wonderful family, a roof over my head, and a good job.

We dont really have plans for thanksgiving yet but I'm sure we willn split the day between our families, which means a half day in San Antonio and the other half in Austin.

my favorite things to eat are mashed potatoes and my step-mom's pumpkin-cheesecake-whipped cream thing. Although I don't think she is going to make it this year :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you thankful for? I am thankful for all that my family has been given this year. I am extremely thankful that my FI has been in my life for so long; we are opposites of each other in many respects, so I feel truly like he completes me (even as cheesy as that sounds)!

Any plans for Thanksgiving? I have to go to the Dallas area for work earlier during the week, so my FI will be traveling up and we'll spend time with his family.  His daughter is out of school the entire week, so while I am at work, he'll have time to spend with just her & him which they don't get to do a lot of. She's 15 and Dad is no longer cool, but I think she secretly likes to hang out with him.

Favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving? I love turkey. Its so much work, so the holidays are about the only time we get to have it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards