Alabama

Are you doing a first look?

Are you having pictures of you and your FI done before the ceremony?

I thought it sounded like kind of a cool idea, and it would defnitely save time after the ceremony.  But FI is dead set against it, so that's the end of that, lol.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Are you doing a first look?

• edited December 2011
    Well my entire life I would have NEVER EVER considered it, and well never even heard of it! But some awesome ladies told me about on here and really opened my eyes to it. Now I can have my evening wedding, enjoy the reception without having to take up all that time for photos after,  and get to see each other for the first time by ourselves! I am so happy that I was told about the first look!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're probably going to do this. I went to a wedding this weekend where they didn't and pictures after the ceremony took FOREVER. And to make matters worse, they didn't allow people to eat until they were finished. It was hot and people were starving... It was terrible. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having an indoor wedding in November with a snacks-and-drinks mocktail hour while we take pictures, so I'm hoping that we don't have that problem.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    we did a first look and i'm SO glad we did. it felt so much easier for some reason and less stressful to get it out of the way. it was also really nice because we were kind of alone when we first saw eachother and it was a lot more private and personal that i imagine it would have been during the ceremony. we were able to talk a while and hug a little etc. seeing him really calmed my nerves, and i don't feel like i missed out on anything at all. :)
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are definitely doing this for a number of reasons. It's more convenient. I want to have that moment be private and personal. It'll make me less nervous. The way our ceremony space is, the aisle is curved and I woudn't see FI right away regardless. Besides, I never imagined or dreamed of walking down the aisle anyway...knowing everyone looking at me is going to make me so nervous it'll distract my thoughts anyway.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_doing-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:e926dede-26fd-4290-ab6a-947d79d277d8Post:e296f894-2059-479d-8de7-5e36df64f471">Re: Are you doing a first look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are definitely doing this for a number of reasons. It's more convenient. I want to have that moment be private and personal. It'll make me less nervous. The way our ceremony space is, the aisle is curved and I woudn't see FI right away regardless. Besides, I never imagined or dreamed of walking down the aisle anyway...knowing everyone looking at me is going to make me so nervous it'll distract my thoughts anyway.
    Posted by hckaczyn[/QUOTE]

OMG that is my fear too, I am going to be a nervous wreck walking down the aisle with everyone looking at me! Even when I go to the bathroom at chruch and come back down the aisle in front of everybody to get back to me sit makes me nervous. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    See, I don't get nervous in front of people.  Like, at all.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a first look. Our ceremony is at sunset. So, we are having most of the pictures done before the ceremony. Also, we are using the time to exchange wedding gifts and reveal the engravings in our bands.
    **October 8, 2011**
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_doing-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:e926dede-26fd-4290-ab6a-947d79d277d8Post:094dcf46-38af-4ce2-ba32-bdda5ed2b579">Re: Are you doing a first look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a first look. Our ceremony is at sunset. So, we are having most of the pictures done before the ceremony. Also, we are using the time to exchange wedding gifts and <strong>reveal the engravings in our bands.
    </strong>Posted by dannette926[/QUOTE]
    That's so cute!  I've definitely heard of getting rings engraved before, but I've never really heard of anyone keeping it a secret til the day of!  That's awesome!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards