Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographer- How do you you tell...

I asked a highschool friend of mine if he would be our photographer because he has such a great portfolio. That was two weeks ago (over FB) and I haven't heard a reply from him. He's in college, so I can understand the busy-ness with that, but with no reply, I found someone else. How do I tell my friend that I'm sorry, but we found someone else? (there still has been no reply) Thanks girls!

Re: Photographer- How do you you tell...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    have you found someone else?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes, we did find someone else, and she got back to me within 3 days. my other friend is still invited to the wedding, but he will not be the photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wait until he finally writes back, and tell him "sorry when we didn't hear back from you we hired someone else"
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say just be honest. Say "Hey we couldn't get in contact with you, so we hired someone else."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photographer-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:2a6250d6-a082-4b60-a5c4-d3bf53e0bbbePost:a3ecb9c4-5dcc-4397-bcb9-540b03123315">Re: Photographer- How do you you tell...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say just be honest. Say "Hey we couldn't get in contact with you, so we hired someone else."
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]

<div>this.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like the best option. I just felt bad because most of my friends (including myself) lead busy lives and don't get to see or talk to each other that much, and this friend was one of those people. He lives way out in Rochester and I haven't seen or spoken to him (nothing bad between us) in quite a few weeks. Part of me feels like because of that, he's just stopped responding to me, which I can understand, it happens. Thanks for the advice, ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards