New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

I thought I'd start this thread today because I only had a half day at work today and am therefore lighting up this board all afternoon. lol. I'm not as consistent a poster as Lorna, Jane, etc. so you might not know my name- it's Lauren.

Anyway, my update is we finally booked our band! We're very close to actually having all of our vendors now. Our band is a bit unconventional for a wedding, but we really wanted a dancy cover band that would keep the dance floor packed. We happened to see them play at a bar and we asked them right there if they could do our wedding. If you're interested, here's their link http://www.klockrock.com/

I also booked a florist appointment and started working on my table runners.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

FINALLY, picked out bridesmaids dresses! I also got to try on my dress while I was there, which REALLY excited me :) The sample is a size too big, and its in ivory (when mine is white) but it felt so amazing to be wearing it!
    Here is a pic:

We also had our pre-wedding photos taken!!! We did them at Green Lakes, near Fayetteville, and I have to say, they cam out better than I expected. I LOVE our photographer even more now!

Here are a few:

Our photographers name is Craig Furze, and he is excellent! 

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, Lauren! It's nice to have names with avatar's :-)

Let's see... our photographer bailed last weekend for our engagement photos so I'm super pissed about that. He's a long-time family friend and has been in the business forever, but it still doesn't excuse it. Grrr... so now we're thinking winter pictures which would be a nice contrast to our summer wedding. Or whatever at this point-- can't stress.

Picked our top three STD's, but haven't ordered. LOVING WPD (wedding paper divas)!

And ordering the last BM's dress on Friday! All have come in but this one. Eek.

Certification exam in T-3 weeks..no wedding planning until then!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    MEK, gorgeous dress and photos!  I love the one with the leaves!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4afa97b1-b7e0-4789-8292-0a3eabb374f9Post:75aa5e65-c4b9-4d7f-bd7f-19feeee56e98">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Picked our top three STD's, but haven't ordered. LOVING WPD (wedding paper divas)!
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

I got our STDs from Wedding Paper Divas. Love them! They look and feel really high quality. My only grip is they don't have very many postcard options, which I would've preferred. Right now I'm obsessed with the invitations on Minted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE minted as well, but the mini photo book options are completely out of our price range. I agree, the quality on WPD is fantastic, and I like the free samples.
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got our STD magnets from WPD too, got lots of compliments on them!  My update for the week is that I received an invitation sample from The Green Kangaroo... and... oh my goodness, my FI and I might finally agree on an invitation!  It's simple and elegant, which apparently he wants, and I like too.  The plum color background is a little dark, but invitations don't have to match everything exactly.  Maybe I'll be ordering invitations soon, woohoo!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4afa97b1-b7e0-4789-8292-0a3eabb374f9Post:213bf1e3-3f48-4340-b436-a9ff8862be87">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]FINALLY, picked out bridesmaids dresses! I also got to try on my dress while I was there, which REALLY excited me :) The sample is a size too big, and its in ivory (when mine is white) but it felt so amazing to be wearing it! Here is a pic: We also had our pre-wedding photos taken!!! We did them at Green Lakes, near Fayetteville, and I have to say, they cam out better than I expected. I LOVE our photographer even more now! Here are a few: Our photographers name is Craig Furze, and he is excellent! 
    Posted by mek20[/QUOTE]

Love the dress and the pics!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4afa97b1-b7e0-4789-8292-0a3eabb374f9Post:75aa5e65-c4b9-4d7f-bd7f-19feeee56e98">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Lauren! It's nice to have names with avatar's :-) Let's see... our photographer bailed last weekend for our engagement photos so I'm super pissed about that. He's a long-time family friend and has been in the business forever, but it still doesn't excuse it.<strong> Grrr... so now we're thinking winter pictures which would be a nice contrast to our summer wedding.</strong> Or whatever at this point-- can't stress. Picked our top three STD's, but haven't ordered. LOVING WPD (wedding paper divas)! And ordering the last BM's dress on Friday! All have come in but this one. Eek. Certification exam in T-3 weeks..no wedding planning until then!
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

We did our e-shoot in December at Niagara Falls.  I was really hoping for a fall shoot, but that just didn't happen.  I was super nervous about how the pics would come out in such crappy weather (umm... 20 some degrees and snowing.  awesome), but they actually came out really great.  (Lots of pics in Bio if you're curious)

Our photog suggested muted colors (blacks, greys, etc), but really bright fun accessories, like scarves.  We did about 30 minutes outside then found a cute restaurant/cafe and took some picvs by their fireplace sipping hot cocoa.  These came out really great too.

Winter e-pics are definitely do-able and do provide a nice contrast to all fo the summer wedding pics.  Hope yours end up as cute and cozy as ours did.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011

Love the dress!!!  You're making me want to get married all over again...ok..maybe not!

This week I changed my name @ the Social Security office, DMV and bank.  Oh, and we started a joint checking account! 

Started thinking about thank you cards...anyone have any good suggestions??

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4afa97b1-b7e0-4789-8292-0a3eabb374f9Post:a8db20a9-fcae-45b7-820c-11499b4bc32b">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the dress!!!  You're making me want to get married all over again...ok..maybe not! This week I changed my name @ the Social Security office, DMV and bank.  Oh, and we started a joint checking account! <strong> Started thinking about thank you cards...anyone have any good suggestions??</strong>
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]

I got mine at Target.  Cheap and actually really nice looking

Congrats on the name change!
    Online Garage Sale
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just about finished with the name change, if work would just get on the ball that would be great..

Kadell, I got mine at Wal-Mart and at Target. The ones at Wal-Mart were just simple hearts that say 'Thank You'. Target's were an orchid that say thank you.

They were inexpensive too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No problem, lauren, happy to share the duty! In fact I'm quite happy to share it, law school makes me forgetful lol We drafted some preliminary guest lists, and while I thought we were going to have to cut down a lot-- seriously, i named everyone I would remotely want at my wedding just so i'd have somewhere to cut from-- we BARELY made 94 people. That would be fine and dandy, if only the place we're looking at in westchester doesnt require 100 minimum! And no, kids and vendors dont count, i checked *headdesk* i am beginning to think that syracuse is in the cards for us! Not that that would be awful, I would just like to have lots of options. Thats all for this week!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Monica! That makes me feel a lot better about missing the fall shoot. Let's just hope for a nice winter day as opposed to one of those crappy upstate winter days where there's brown snow, cloudy, etc. lol... I love the idea of taking photos inside! There's a great coffee shop around the corner that would be great for those kinds of photos.

Thanks again!!!
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4afa97b1-b7e0-4789-8292-0a3eabb374f9Post:a8db20a9-fcae-45b7-820c-11499b4bc32b">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the dress!!!  You're making me want to get married all over again...ok..maybe not! This week I changed my name @ the Social Security office, DMV and bank.  Oh, and we started a joint checking account!  Started thinking about thank you cards...anyone have any good suggestions??
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]

I got some from Target that I used before the wedding (one of those packs of 50) and then I made simple cards using blank Michael's cards and a letterpress thing with our intials for after the wedding.  Super cheap!!  (Not the letterpress part, but I already got that earlier on in the wedding process.)
    Anniversary
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  Off to the mall tonight to see what i can find!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards