September 2012 Weddings
Options

My OnceWed.com dress

Hi girls! I bought my dress a couple days ago and the girl just shipped her yesterday! I'm so excited! 

The cost in store was $1,750 with the rush for September, but I got it for $700 on OnceWed and will have it earlier, too! In fact, the shop told me I would have had NO time for alterations and that there was a possiblitliy it wouldn't come in time anyway! this way, I get my dress 4 months early! 

Does anyone else have their dress yet? Where are you keeping it? I don't want my fiancee to see it. I suppose work would be a good place. I work in an office of a graphic art  department so the public never comes in. 

Maggie Sottero's Rhianna Royale:
Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: My OnceWed.com dress

• Options
    Hi! Welcome!

I got my dress back in December. Its a Sophia Tolli strapless gown with a corset back. It is at my parents house which is only 10 mins from me, which is where it will stay untill Sept 22nd!

You got a smokin' deal on that dress! I had a friend who also got a Maggie Sotero and loved it. I have never heard of that site, but I wish I had!
  • Options
    Congrats!! My MOH has my dress and she just recently moved it to her parents house with her own dress as she is getting married in Nov and two dresses took up a lot of closet space. My Mom is a smoker so I didn't want to store it there, didn't want it somewhere FI would see it, so this was her first MOH "duty" and she was happy to help!
  • Options
    I Ordered my dress back in November and a couple weeks ago i called to see when it was going to be in because they never gave me a timeframe. 

At first when the girl said June I started to panic just because i dont like to wait until last minute for things. Now, I see it as a good thing because it gives me more time to loose weight, one week down and already lost two inches and 5 lbs!

Im keeping mine at the store until I pick it up a few days before the wedding, since its out of town im hoping they put it in a bag that isnt see-through since me and FI have to drive down together with all our wedding stuff.
    Sept 2012 May Siggy
    Honeymoon in Mexico

292474_f520 Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I have my dress. I got a Mori Lee (pictures below).  They told me 3-5 months ... and it arrived three weeks later !!   So, my dress is now hanging in my FSIL's closet !!

I won't need many alterations other than the hem...  and taken in a little around the waist, so I'm not doing that until August.

Congrats on the great find on oncewed!!!!!

• Options
    Jay - congratulations on losing the weight! That's a great start! 

I don't have any bridesmaids in town that don't have small children, so I think the office would be the safest place... or possibly my brother's house. Maybe I should move it to my brother's so people don't constantly want to look at it. haha. 

If you haven't heard of oncewed.com, it's a great site for brides to sell their dresses after the wedding. A wonderful way to get a killer dress at a much lower price than in the salons! I stumbled upon it by googling my dress. Lucky! 

Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    First, I'm in LOVE with your dress!  Gorgeous!

I had my dress before I had my FI.  When I moved in with FI the dress came with me.  Right now it's hanging in a bag in our office closet.  FI was afraid to go in the closet until I explained that it was in a bag and he couldn't see it.  :)  FI hasn't peeked at it, but I was looking through random pics with my mom and FI that I found in my parents' basement, and FI saw a pic of me in the dress.  Whoops!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    Has anyone else bought their dress on OnceWed.com? I am trying to sell my dress on Oncewed.com with no luck yet :( I have also listed it on the classifieds here with no luck. Someone is going to be pretty lucky, because A. They won't get scammed and B. it's over $500 less than what I paid. Wish I knew about oncewed.com before I bought this dress!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_my-oncewedcom-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4d9596c6-d7bd-49cc-8e2c-42d8af895ea6Post:503bc505-3c77-4ed2-a23c-e8154bebed52">Re: My OnceWed.com dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone else bought their dress on OnceWed.com? I am trying to sell my dress on Oncewed.com with no luck yet :( I have also listed it on the classifieds here with no luck. Someone is going to be pretty lucky, because A. They won't get scammed and B. it's over $500 less than what I paid. Wish I knew about oncewed.com before I bought this dress!
    Posted by crystal5724[/QUOTE]

Crystal - have you posted on reycledbride.com also?   I know that site gets a lot of traffic too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_my-oncewedcom-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4d9596c6-d7bd-49cc-8e2c-42d8af895ea6Post:711171c8-1e66-4cd2-aff6-03077b0c8356">Re: My OnceWed.com dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My OnceWed.com dress : Crystal - have you posted on reycledbride.com also?   I know that site gets a lot of traffic too.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I ended up posting it there as well!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards