California-Los Angeles

Wedding Dress Shops?

I have gone to SO MANY wedding dress shops throughout all of LA and have either had horrible customer service, or the selection was really slim. Can anyone recommend a great place where they are NICE and the prices are decent?

Re: Wedding Dress Shops?

• Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alot of brides have said that Pebbles in Woodland Hills has everything, but I've seen mixed reviews about it, but I have never gone there, but plan to.

Also I went to Group USA in Ontario Mills and they had decent prices and are super nice. If you don't have an appt. you can only try on 4 dresses.

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    My experience is it depends when you go. Alot of places get rushed in the weekends and they cannot possibly give you the attention you really need with there are a gazillion other brides looking for the same thing you're looking for.

While I totally recommend Pebbles; if you can arrange it, try to go dress shopping in the middle of the week.  That means the store will be less frequented and they will have more time to devote to you.

That does not mean you have to accept rude behavior.  If they are rude to you or pull tags off dresses, just march yourself right out of there and find another shop.  The shops I went to were(all visited in the middle of the week).

Pebbles in Woodland Hills
    Cruz's Bridal in Santa Clara
    Lily's Bridal in Tarzana
    R-mine Bridal in Studio City

They were all pretty nice, but I ended up finding my dress at Glamour Closet(it sort of found me).

• csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cruz's Bridal is in Santa Clarita - they take appts and walk ins. And you can get pics taken while in the dress too! 

If you head up this way - don't bother going to Chantilly (also in santa clarita).  They rip the designer's labels out and won't let you take pics. 
  • edited December 2011

I got my dress at Marylinn's in Pasadena, I have heard mixed things about them but I had nothing but wonderful service.  I do agree with the pp though try going in the middle of the week, a lot of places are open a little later to accomodate work schedules.  I went on a Saturday but I also was the first appointment of the day so that might have helped in them not being so busy.  GL!

• edited December 2011
    Ditto  Marylinn's in Pasadena, kikikatie9. Very unique and beautiful dresses, too.

Also, and I know this is not a very "cool" suggestion, but, honestly, David's Bridal is kind of awesome. 
    I know, I know, it's lame. But, they actually have some very nice dressed and they are always very pleasant. You can take pictures, you can twirl in front of the mirror as long as you like and you can tell them to leave you alone if they are overly helpful.

Just a thought.
  • GinaBean3GinaBean3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    I went to TONS of stores and finally found my dress at Pebbles in Woodland Hills. My sister and I actually went 2 hrs before closing on a Sunday and we got AMAZING service. It was not crowded (only one other bride there) and they let you go through the racks on your own at your own pace. You only get to try on 5 dresses though so it ill probably help if you have a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. Unfortunately you cannot take a pic of the dress until you purchase...but they are very open to you writing down the designer/style info so you can find it online.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Cruz's bridal!!!  I love it there.  The girls are so much fun that I could just hang out with them all day.  I'm going there tomorrow, in fact.  Also, they just got voted one of the Knot's Best!!!  Great place.
  • darialadariala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second (or thirds?) Mary Linn's - they were super sweet and helpful, and they had a good selection of nice dresses with a great range in styles, etc...
  • katielisa777katielisa777 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Camarillo Bridal.  The customer service was fantastic and they have a huge selection of Maggie dresses.  I wish I would have gone to Cruz's in Santa Clarita, I've heard really great stuff about them too.

Hi CSUN!!
  • edited December 2011
    i third Cruz's Bridal!! the ladies there are FABULOUS! and their prices are good too. 

Ditto csun- if you go to Santa Clarita, don't go to Chantilly's bridal. they are rude, they won't tell you who makes the dresses, and they honestly don't know what they are talking about. 

A few other shops I went to that I really liked were Marylinns in Pasadena and Kay's Bridal in Simi Valley. 
    Just my opinion, but I didn't have good service at R-Mine OR at Pebbles. At Pebbles they told me you can only try on a max of 6 dresses per appointment. I was a little irritated by that. And R-mine was pretty pricey. 
  • vjorge2002vjorge2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mary Linn's!! That's where I finally found mine, great selection, some confusion in the beginning but it wall worked out!

I went to R-mine, Pebbles, Thousand Oaks Bridal, Glamour Closet, Rose Petals, and Lilis.

Going to Lili's and Davids in 2 weeks to see bridesmaid dresses!

V
  • marinamymarinamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I went to Marrylinn's in Beverly Hills and bought a dress, but I have decided against it.  I now have  $3,200 credit to Panache in Beverly Hills, Marrylinn's in Beverly Hills and Pasadena.  They have a huge selection, but I have fallen in love with a Vera Wang.  I would love to sell my credit for $2,900 or any reasonable offer! Let me know if you are interested, marin@pacbell.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards