Wedding Party
Options

Are/were you a bridesmaid for a girl you don't want in your wedding?

Hi ladies,

I work with Knot Annie, and she suggested I come here to take this poll for the magazine. Thanks in advance. Here goes!

Re: Are/were you a bridesmaid for a girl you don't want in your wedding?

• Options
    I've been a bridesmaid 5 times.

One of them in a BM in my wedding, one is our reader, but the other 3 are just invited as guests.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been a bridesmaid 3 times and didn't choose any of them to be in my WP
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've only been in 2 weddings: 1 was my sister's and I was MOH; she was MOH in mine 2 months ago.

The other one I was a BM, but we grew apart and hadn't talked in 4 years, so she wasn't even invited to the wedding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been a bridesmaid in 3 weddings - only one of those brides is in my brial party (She's my MOH)
  • Options
    I've been a Maid of Honor twice. 

Once for my sister and she will be mine.

Once for my good college friend, who won't be in my wedding.  I love her to death and we're still quite close, but I don't want a wedding party.
  • Options
    I've only been in 1 wedding. I was her MOH. I asked her to be a bm.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I was a BM once and a MOH once. I will be a BM again 5months after my wedding. None of these girls are in my BP, but not because I don't like them. I am really good friends with all 3 of them, they are all guests, and one of them's child is my ring bearer,  but my BP consists of only my 2 sisters. 

BTW, I think the title of your post and the actual question in the poll are 2 different things. Way to go with the negative connotation of non-reciprocation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I was a BM once for a friend. She was a nightmare as a bride, and her wedding kind of put the kabosh on our friendship. She was invited to my wedding, but it never once occured to me that I would want her as a BM.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Ditto Meg.

I was MOH in a wedding that effectively ended our friendship.  She is not going to be a BM.  She will get an invite, however.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I was a BM for my cousin and I didn't ask her to be in my wedding.  I love her and think she's awesome but we went in a different direction for the WP.   I also didn't feel so bad since she was married 13 years before me.
  • Options
    I've been a MOH once and BM 4 times. And will be 2 more times before my wedding. As of now we haven't chose our WP but, thinking about it theres only one of them I would even consider.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_arewere-bridesmaid-girl-dont-want-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3f09a83c-4eef-4f09-a6f4-5f397f1bbc27Post:f5145318-fae6-4b56-a06f-eec6c9fbded4">Re: Are/were you a bridesmaid for a girl you don't want in your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a BM for my cousin and I didn't ask her to be in my wedding.  I love her and think she's awesome but we went in a different direction for the WP.   I also didn't feel so bad since she was married 13 years before me.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this, basically...I was a BM in my cousin's wedding, but I won't be asking her to be in my WP...she's cool with it though...with our family, asking one cousin means I would have to ask them ALL or wind up with a buttload of drama that I don't need...and I have 5 female cousins...</div>
  • Options
    I had been a BM 3 times, and I didn't ask any of them to be BMs.  Two of my 4 BMs are now planning their weddings, and both have asked me.  
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I've never been in a wedding, but I won't be in the weddings for any of my BP because they all had/are having really small weddings without bridal parties.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I voted yes, even though I was technically "best man" and not a bridesmaid.  My friend asked me to be his "best man" after I'd already chosen my attendants...although to be honest I wouldn't have asked him to be an attendant anyway.  Instead, he's doing a reading and his husband will be doing my hair.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    I've been a BM in 4 weddings, and 2 of those brides are my BMs and a 3rd is my MOH.  The 4th girl was my college roommate who I haven't talked to in probably 4 years since we live a few hours apart.  She actually isn't even invited to my wedding since we haven't talked and we truly know nothing about eachothers' lives anymore. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i was a bridesmaid in my Moms wedding. she wont be in my wp.

IF my MOH got married in the near future i would most likely be her MOH or a BM if not.
    I will be a groomsmaid in my bridesman's wedding next year
    I was NOT in my 2nd bridesmaids wedding

the other 2 bridesmaids arent old enough to even think about marriage yet .

my Fiance has been in 8 weddings and only 2 of those friends will be in his wedding. his 3rd gm has said he'd never get married.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Yes I am currently a bridesmaid in my friends wedding.....she will not be in my wedding but an invited guest
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    I'll be a BM in a wedding 3 weeks before mine, and I'm not going to have her as a BM in my wedding. On the other hand, I have a friend who will be a BM for me, but I was not in her wedding. 
  • Options

I've been a MOH in one wedding and now we aren't friends, he husband said some means things about fiance and I and she spread.,..so friendship ended and she isn't even invioted to the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was a BM in 2008 for my childhood best-friend.

When I could pick 5 girls, I picked her. Then, we limited to 3, & she had to be 1 of the 2 cut.

& I'm SO GLAD she is not a BM. She is a guest, but she has been sooooooo AW & unavailable & needy & _______ ugh!
  • Options
    I have been a bridesmaid 4 times.

twice for my cousins, once for my sister and once for a friend from college. My friend moved away and we lost touch, especially after she had children. I have no bad feelings against her, we are just at different times in our lives and live hours away from each other.....she didn't even know we were friends on facebook for a while!
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards