March 2013 Weddings

Getting ready - beauty

I want to whiten my teeth and do highlights before the wedding. I whitened my teeth years ago but not since then. I keep seeing commercials for the strips that do it in like 48 hours or something really fast. Are those worth it? Does anyone have a go-to brand they love? 

Also, when do you suppose is the best time for highlights? I was thinking two weeks so they'll have time to fade a little but won't show roots yet. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting ready - beauty

• My dentist said the Crest white strips are the most effective and safest product out there to whiten teeth, aside from any whitening treatment the dentist provides. I haven't tried them yet but I plan on it as soon as I remember to buy them!

I agree with doing highlights 2 weeks before. I'm planning on dyeing my hair 2 weeks before, its always a little too dark brown for a few days and then it lightens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom raves about the crest whitening strips but I have yet to try them myself. Her teeth are sparkly white so i assume they work!  I switched over to the crest whitening toothpaste and that seems to do the trick.
    My stylist suggested 2.5 to 3 weeks before the wedding for me. 3 weeks makes me feel a little more comfortable that I would have ample time to fix any potential issues. I would imagine 2 weeks in advance would be plenty of time for the highlights to fade a little.
  • Have you seen the price of the Crest Whitestrips? I was shocked at how expensive they are, so I switched my toothpaste and started brushing my teeth a work. Looks like it's working enough that I won't have to shell out the money. I considered dropping my coffee habit for half a second, but considering the wedding stress, I figured drinking coffee was in the best interest of public safety.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I drink coffee through a straw and have for years. I forget where I heard it, but it helps it not stain your teeth. Seems to work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've used crest white strips in the past, and they've always worked really well. I use the 20 day kind. I'll definitly use them leading up to my wedding.

Two weeks sounds good for the highlights. I need to get that done as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The crest whitening mouth wash honestly works wonders!!  Cheaper, I'm sure than the whitestrips ... but start using it now.

I'm updating my highlights 2 weeks before the wedding that way they can set in and all ... I would have done it a week before, but my stylist isn't in that weekend.   BUT, I have naturally blonde hair, so it's just a little winter spice up ... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards