Connecticut

tent/dance floor rental recommendations??

We're planning an outdoor wedding and need a tent to hold 100-150 people. I've been searching online and many websites say 30'x60' would be big enough for dinner and dancing.  We were referred to Abbey Tent & Rental in Fairfield... they quoted us on a 40'x80' tent with a 20'x28' dance floor.  I think this might be too much space....other sites say a 40x80 is enough to seat 320 ppl.  Do you think we need this much space or are they just trying to get extra money out of us...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker My Bio 137 image 57 image 8 image Number Not Repliedimage RSVP Date July 31

Re: tent/dance floor rental recommendations??

• edited December 2011
    Is there a big difference in price between a 30'X60' and a 40'X80'?  You defiantly don't want to be cramped.  My best friend had a tented wedding and the rental place said that she could fit 10 people at each table, but we couldn't even fit the 10 chairs around the table!  I don't remember the name of the place that she used, but it was in Middletown.  Also if you need to put sides on the tent (in case it rains) then you don't want your guests right on top of the sides.  IMO if you can afford to go with the larger tent then do it!
    HTH
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Hmmm not quite sure....we used Norwalk Tent Rental for our e-party & got an amazing deal. Maybe you can call & get quotes from them as well!

HTH

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • hharringtonrdhharringtonrd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most sites seem to have the 30x60 for 1k.  Our initial quote is over 2k for the 40x80 and 1k for the dance floor.  This doesn't include sides (in case of rain), lighting, a smaller tent for the caterer, or a generator.... :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker My Bio 137 image 57 image 8 image Number Not Repliedimage RSVP Date July 31
  • tammyo21tammyo21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had an outdoor wedding in September for 160 ppl and used CT party rental
    http://ct-partyrentals.com and dealt with Charlie.
    We had a 40x100 tent that had pleny of room for the dance floor, DJ, all the guest tables, and the buffet tables.  We also rented the tables, garden chairs, dance floor, lights and table linens.  BTW.....the 5ft tables only hold 8 ppl.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards