Snarky Brides

Get up!

Don't make me drink (coffee) alone.

Re: Get up!

• I'm here! Quit yelling!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What's up Marrin, whats on the agenda?
  • I've had umpteen cups of coffee so I'm a little excitable :)  Also off for the next four days!

Are you excited for Christmas kd?  I may be starting to get into the mood, but this year it's like "meh."
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    I need an agenda.  I could have sworn I already replied.  Dejavu?

ETA:  I knew I replied
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_get-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b963ef89-de38-4b24-a61c-102859f8c7d5Post:15701ff1-7a05-4498-b48f-9389dbd5046f">Re: Get up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need an agenda.  I could have sworn I already replied.  Dejavu? ETA:  I knew I replied
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

We call that dejaknot!

Eh, we're alone this year. So it's kinda wonderful, we can eat Chinese food and go to the movies.

H's family thing is Sunday and mine is next week. I hate the traveling.

How bout you?
  • DS will be here in an hour!

I found a bed and set up the sapre room (mostly) last night. It's still a long way from being a furnished bedroom, but it's a start. And it's a step up from an air mattress on his sister's floor - which was our Easter vacay last year!

One last gift to get, and DD wants to pick up something for her friend. Will do that this afternoon too, and go to a friend's place this evening for an open house. 

Finally getting over the flu-thing I've been battling all week too. It's almost like Christmas or something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, we're still unsure about Christmas Eve.  It will be as per tradition at one of two places:  my brother's or my best friend's.  Their homes are within 10 minutes of each other.  I am making lasagne regardless of whose house it's at, so I guess it's a decision that can be made later today or tomorrow.  My mom is in FL and since we were just there, we decided not to go back and she did not want to come up here in the cold.

I think Christmas Day, H and I will be alone.  I kind of don't like that.  I'm used to gatherings at the holidays.  H is okay with it either way.

Do you travel far?  Do you take Atti with you?
  • Jenny!  Hooray for seeing DS.  I hope you have a wonderful time together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_get-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b963ef89-de38-4b24-a61c-102859f8c7d5Post:26a18ece-4d4c-4372-ba40-470eec3acbf8">Re: Get up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, we're still unsure about Christmas Eve.  It will be as per tradition at one of two places:  my brother's or my best friend's.  Their homes are within 10 minutes of each other.  I am making lasagne regardless of whose house it's at, so I guess it's a decision that can be made later today or tomorrow.  My mom is in FL and since we were just there, we decided not to go back and she did not want to come up here in the cold. I think Christmas Day, H and I will be alone.  I kind of don't like that.  I'm used to gatherings at the holidays.  H is okay with it either way. Do you travel far?  Do you take Atti with you?

H's family is in Toledo, Sunday. And my family is 3 hours south. No we usually take him to Camp Bow Wow, but they are booked so our petsitter is staying with him overnight.
  • A few years back I had a dogwalking/petsitting biz.  I loved loved loved it.  Then I divorced and had to get back to reality and get a job. :(

Speaking of job, our doc was very generous with us this year with our christmas bonuses.  He also got us an extra treat:  a cone of choclate popcorn; it's called Popcornapolis.  I've never heard of it but he assures us it's delicious.  I am afraid to open it.
  • Happy Saturday! Just got home from work. Already went out this morning to buy our new bed and some blinds. Packing up a load of kitchen stuff to take over to the new house. Fancy dinner with my parents tonight, then stopping in at my uncle's open house. It would feel like Christmas, if I had time to breathe! First snowfall last night, so everything looks festive! Have a great day!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_get-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b963ef89-de38-4b24-a61c-102859f8c7d5Post:c7beccf8-266b-48f1-b2b4-e7e56bc93c23">Re: Get up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, hope the moving's going well!
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

Thanks Edie! It's going slow, but it's a start! There's no rush other than getting away from the crying baby upstairs who has woken me up at 6:30 the last 2 days.

FI wants to sleep there Christmas eve since our new bed will be delivered, but our Christmas tree and all our decorations are up at our apartment so I'm not sure.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_get-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b963ef89-de38-4b24-a61c-102859f8c7d5Post:2fb2a657-1412-4fc5-bddd-d109506bbb7e">Re: Get up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if I don't want to get up?
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

What if I want you to?  Hi Jackie! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_get-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b963ef89-de38-4b24-a61c-102859f8c7d5Post:0a7c99c3-6cf0-4a00-9aa8-3fa004abeb69">Re: Get up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenny!  Hooray for seeing DS.  I hope you have a wonderful time together.

<div>Thanks, Marrin! He's as tall as I am, and as sarcastic as ever! DD is over the moon excited. Add to that the anticipation of Christmas, and I'm thinking she may explode.</div><div>
    </div><div>I always loved going to the movies on Christmas night. Small crowds and popcorn for supper - what's not to like?</div><div>
    </div><div>We're supposed to go to a friend's place, but I'm still not feeling the best.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards