Wedding Invitations & Paper

I want to make my own invitations.

Hey I want to make my own invitations i think i will be unique and less expensive. We are kind of in a budget. My fiance and I are the only ones paying for the wedding since his family said they cant help and my family lives in other countries. my mother is sick so i have to take care of her.. well if any ideas please help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I want to make my own invitations.

• My brother told me to make sure the paper store I used was no more than 30 minutes away because of all the trips I'd be making.  He was right.  Thankfully, the store I used was in Princeton and DH likes to run up there when training for marathons.

Do a few mockups of different invitations and decide which one you like best.  Let it sit for a few days before making a final decision.  One family member DIY'd her invites, didn't do this and after she'd done them all scrapped them because they looked like invites to a seven year old's birthday party.

Make sure your printer is filled.  I printed some of mine when it was running low and the print is lighter.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • did you make them in word or did u use something else?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How many are you looking at?  I did my own; they were fairly complicated, but I only needed 25.  I don't think I would have been up for doing my own for a larger wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Lil - do you have a budget, a quantity, and a vision? 

Also, while DIY is fantastic, it also takes time and can be stressful.  It sounds like you have some obligations you may want to consider, and there are plenty of affordable options that would take the pressure off you to design, print, and assemble.  Just some food for thought.
  • I got the kit from Hobby Lobby and printed them and put them together myself. It was super easy and they look great!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • I got a kit on sale at michaels for $5.00 and then will print them at my home computer..  Go to hobby lobby and Michaels and other craft stores and look in there Clerance sales.. you will be so surprised.

Also look on their websites becuase sometimes they have sales/clerance stuff there too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_want-own-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:30d01475-256f-4f3a-ad0d-0b5a2b422746Post:e30bf27f-dfae-4d84-8d4b-c0d36f216813">Re: I want to make my own invitations.</a>:
    [QUOTE]did you make them in word or did u use something else?
    Posted by lilwon2007[/QUOTE]

I used Word.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards