Vermont

Stowe/Burlington Wedding + Reception Location Recommendations

I'm newly engaged and though I live in Boston, we're checking out wedding and reception sites in the Stowe/Burlington area of Vermont for June/July 2010 wedding.  I've put together a llist of about 20 places and am trying to narrow it down!  Our budget is around $17,000 and we expect 80-100 attendees, all from out of town.  Does anyone have location recommendations?  Also, if there are places to avoid, that would be great as well.  Thanks!

Re: Stowe/Burlington Wedding + Reception Location Recommendations

• Joeller79Joeller79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are so many great places! I have a friend getting married at The Grand Isle Lake House which looks amazing! Some other great venues are The Stoweflake, The Stowhof, Gray Fox Inn and The Trapp Family Lodge-might be too pricey (just to name a few). It really depends what type of venue/feel you are looking for. Keep in mind that Stowe is generally pretty expensive and you might want to consider some venue's a little further south.

Joelle
    www.easthillevents.com
  • perthgirlperthgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Stowe this past summer and we had our reception at Stowe Mountain Resort.  It was such a great venue, there are multiple locations for receptions at the resort, we were in the Mansfield Ballroom which has a beautiful garden just outside.  Most of our guests were from out of town as well so it was really great that they were all able to stay at the Inn at the Mountain and nobody had to drive after the wedding (we had an Irish band... and a lot of drinking).  Stowe is also such a cute Vermont town, our guests loved visiting.  Oh, and the wedding planner at Stowe is amazing, she took away so much of the planning and coordinating stress I was worried about.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow there are a huge amount of places. I got married at The Barn at Boyden farm. I would call a local wedding planner they can really help you narrow you search and save you money. I had VIP Consulting do my wedding they were great. Who else is good for venues, The ECHO is good in Burlington.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at The Essex in July and loved it. Feel free to send me a PM or message me on the July 09 Nest bord for more info!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  We went up to Stowe/Burlington last weekend and checked out The Essex, Green Mountain Inn, Ye Olde England Inne, Edson Hill Manor and Stowehof.  After all that, we ended up booking at the Stowehof Inn and Resort for July 17th, 2010! 
  • jennwinterjennwinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you and Phil!!  i was looking at Vermont posts and its so funny! your name is Jenny and your fiance is Phil.  My fiance is Phil and I am Jenn but some people call me Jenny and we are both getting married in Vermont in the summer!! pretty cool although we picked different reception sites! Let me know how Stowe is.  Its beautiful there I'm sure! I grew up in Vermont so I knew that was the place we were getting married.  We chose Hawk Mountain in Plymouth for a June 5, 2010 wedding!! well good luck to the both of you!!
    take care
    JennWink
  • rkdelureyrkdelurey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi indomesticbliss!  I am thinking about getting married at The Essex next summer. Sounds like you loved the venue.  What vendors did you use?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards