Colorado-Denver
Options

Cost of alterations

I've lost a few pounds since I bought my dress and plan to lose a little more between now and when I go in to get my dress fitted in a month or so.  Assuming the length is ok, how much on average do alterations cost?  I realize there could be a big range, but I'd like opinions from other brides who have paid for theirs on how much I need to budget.

Thanks!

Re: Cost of alterations

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah...what other people paid in no way reflects what you will unless your dress is the same.  price will depend on how much detail/beading/layers the seamstress will be working with.  so you're just wanting your dress taken in? no bustle or anything?

i needed my dress taken in 2 sizes and a simple bustle.  I paid $90 to the wedding seamstress (arvada).  some people will pay $300 for the same thing.  if you look at my bio, you can see my dress wasn't too involved to take in, but yours might be.  christine hoyt is also good, but more expensive.  you might just have to get a couple quotes.
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Christine Hoyt & she did an excellent job.  If I remember correctly my alterations cost approx $300 but I had a LOT done to my dress.  I had it taken in at the bust, cups sewn in, let out at the hips, hemmed (3 layers + my crinoline), and she put in an "over-bustle".  My dress wasn't outrageously complicated (ie: wasn't lace or anything). 
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to The Wedding Seamstress in Arvada as well.  She charged me $160 to take in my dress at the bust, hem my dress and recut my train.  My dress had multiple layers in the skirt.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards