Chit Chat
Options

Questions for Wedding Venues

Hey all - longtime lurker, first time poster!

I didn't know where else to post this, but I saw a lot of people were asking for advice on this board ... so I thought I would start here!

My fiance and I are thinking about having our wedding at the Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City. We've actually vacationed there, and ended up setting up a meeting with one of their event planners while we're vacationing there in mid-January, just to see what we'd be dealing with.

What I want to know is, what kind of questions should I ask while I'm there? What questions did you wish you'd asked when you booked your venue?

Thanks!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Questions for Wedding Venues

• Options
    sounds crappy to say, but ask about the cancellation policy and if you were to need to cancel or reschedule, do you lose your money. Just better to be prepared, especially with the economy now.
  • Options

In addition to caterers, what is their alcohol policy?  Most hotels will not let you bring your own beverages (or will charge a corkage fee if you do).  Ask about beer/wine vs. full bar, time of serving, cost pp or per drink.

Also ask about the gratuity policy - automatic 20% on top?  Included?

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    These are all great topics that were mentioned, but I would add to ask and make sure all their insurance is up to date.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    You can get a list of questions to ask the reception venue at Soulful Engagements.

• Options
    Wow, thanks so much! I never thought to ask about a lot of these things. This helped a lot.

And to Seabass - I'm going to check out that link right now!

Happy New Year, ladies!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards