Wedding Etiquette Forum

So its Saturday...

1235»

Re: So its Saturday...

• He bought Civilization 5 :) Our computer really was on it's last leg, but we were planning on just trying to upgrade the crappy parts in it before he tried to play his new game. Once he realized our whole system was out of date, he decided he just wanted to get a new computer. We got it for 18 months 0% financing so it was fine with me. Plus I'm excited to try out Windows 7 whenever he lets me near it...
  • That has to be frustrating, but definitely yay for more time!
    Photobucket
  • DNB, I dont know if I've asked this before, but he's in the Navy right? Is he career or just enlisted?
  • KJB yeah its annoying and frustrating.  But the plus side is obviously getting more time with him before he leaves.

Birdie- Yes, he is in the Navy and has made it his career.  He's been in for 8 years now.  His game that we had to get the computer for is Starcraft 2.  He ran the diagnositcs test on both of our laptops and the graphics weren't high enough, so of course he HAD to get a new desktop.  I don't think I've used it for anything other than Skype so I couldn't tell you anything about Windows 7.  But once I start working I'll be working from home so I'll probably use it alot for that. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thats cool DNB. I've heard Windows 7 is more similar to Mac OS than before. I work on a Mac at work and really like it. Our old graphics card was seriously dying and needed to be replaced. It was so loud we had to turn up the tv to hear anything. FI said "everything" was out of date though, so who knows. :) It was needed though. I had to restart the old computer multiple times when I was just trying to transfer files to an external hard drive for backup.
  • Yeah sometimes i forget how quickly computers get outdated.  Both of our laptops are about 3 years old.  Mine still is fine for what I use it for, but I understand getting a new one too.  its just funny how he manipulated the situation so he could play a game.  I just call it the $1000 computer game.  It really is a nice computer though.  Its got a huge flat screen monitor and 1 tarobyte of memory so it should last a really long time.  And I got a new camera out of it because I said I was only buying the computer if I got a new camera.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Well that's good! We ended up getting a tower instead of a laptop. I used to have a nicer laptop  than the one I'm using right now, but it pooped out after only two years. I rarely use this laptop now. The tower we were using up until today was 6-8 years old I think.

I understand the manipulation thing. :) it's funny how much his tune changed about the situation when he realized he couldn't play his game. However, it was really his money he was spending and I can never turn down a new gadget, so I didn't object much. As long as I know we're still saving for the wedding, I guess I'm ok. Getting the 18% financing was nice as well because we can just pay it off over time.
  • Hi everyone!

I was at BIL's birthday party earlier but decided to leave early because people were making me grouchy. H went back though, so I currently have the house to myself with our puppy, who is currently sleeping/ignoring me in the other room.
  • I'm puppy-less tonight - it's so quiet here!
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, and I think she said her FI adopted the dog 8 years ago - so it's not like it's a young dog.  Poor thing.  
    I agree - good luck with the kids.  you can just throw a baby out in the yard when it's not doing what you want.  Karma, you know?
    Photobucket
  • Ok well, since H has decided the night before Halloween that he finally wants to carve the pumpkins we bought 3 weeks ago, I have to go.  I'll be back on later though.  KJB, hopefully you're still here.  If not, I hope you guys have a great time on your cruise.  You definitely deserve some relaxation after your craziness!  I'll miss you!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks!  We'll catch up in a couple weeks!  Good luck to your H!
    Photobucket
  • i totally posted and ran earlier.  not sure what came up to take me away from the computer.  but.  yeah.  good evening everyone.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm back, don't know if anyone is still around. 

Mandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  Its so hard to lose a pet.  Such a cute picture though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Beachy.  Everyone has been so great to me through this.  I am pretty overwhelmed by all the love.  :)

I love the photo too.  My husband snapped that one probably close to 6-8 months ago with his holga.  It's on our fridge too. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards