Pre-wedding Parties

Invitations for a Rehearsal Dinner?

The last wedding I attended and was the MOH at there were no rehearsal dinner invitations.  It was by word of mouth basically.  It was a casual beach wedding so many that was fine.

Is it necessary to send invites?  Does anyone have some cheap suggestions?

Re: Invitations for a Rehearsal Dinner?

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Never got an invite to any of the RD i've attended.  Just told when and where via phone or e-mail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Invitations are necessary, but you can if you want. IL's coordinated/planned all of ours and they sent them out. I think she bought pre-made ones at Party City and usually send them out about 2-3 wks before the RD is a good timeframe, esp. if there is an rsvp on them for food. Our venue for the RD needed to know a food count, so MIL did a little rsvp via phone on the invites.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't plan on giving them. We have a small wedding party- my two best friends and his brother and best friend. Everyone knows that there is going to be a rehearsal and since it's a destination wedding people will be there the night before anyways. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had invitations sent out for our RD and it was nice not needing to call everyone or getting last minute phone calls, text messages, emails, etc.. with people asking "when is it again?" or "what time is it?" or "what's the address to put into my GPS?"

No, they're not necessary, but I thought they were a nice touch and everyone appreciated them. My mom just ordered them from Vistaprint and got them practically for free. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards