Maryland-Baltimore
Options

MD wedding venues from Alaska!

So I currently live in Alaska with my fiance because of work, I'm from MD and he's from MA.  We'll be moving back to the East coast around the time of our wedding and want to have it in MD to make the commute easier for our families and friends.  That being said, I LIVE IN ALASKA, so I'm doing most of my venue narrowing online.  I'll only have about 4 days to go check places out.  We're thinking a late fall wedding anywhere in MD/D.C.  We're are going for classic/traditional wedding, but grand/oppulant.  We have a decent budget, but I'm not shooting for the Plaza or anything.  Looking about 125 people.  Any ideas?  Any feedback?  I'd appreciate any help I could get!

Re: MD wedding venues from Alaska!

• Options
    We had really wonderful experiences with Ceresville Mansion.  We were also planning long-distance, and they really went above and beyond to make things amazing for us.

Good luck with your planning!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got married at the Hippodrome Theater in their ballroom and it was lovely! The food was stellar and they really work with you to have whatever kind of wedding you want. If you have any questions , contact me at ayrikawhite at hotmail dot com
  • Options
    Maybe check out Gramercy Mansion? They seem to do the rustic theme really well.
  • Options
    If you want to be in DC look at the Carnegie Institute - really beautiful venue

For MD/DC try looking at:
    Strathmore, Bethesda - Mansion and/or Music Event Space 
    Woodend in Chevy Chase
  • Options
    Wow, I don't envy you, that's got to be hard!  Are you looking specifically in the Balto region or is outside of Baltimore okay?  (Okay, it's Friday and I don't feel like doing my work so here goes...) I hope all the links work okay..

There are  a ton! Here are a few you may want to check out.  I would have certainly chosen any of these if my budget had allowed:

-Boordy Vineyards has an awesome space you may want to check out - that would be more rustic, though.
    -Gramercy Mansion is beautiful, also check out the Cloisters Castle.
    -I've been to several beautiful weddings as the Vandiver Inn.
    -The Tremont Plaza downtown in Baltimore, did a huge rennovation a few years ago and it's opulant and amazing inside!
    -Also downtown is the 1840s Plaza (used to be the City Life Museum, near the Shot tower).  AMAZING inside, with all of this glass work, like Chihuly glass, hanging from the ceiling. 

Best of luck! Stay warm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards