Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

.....nevermind

thanks for reminding me why I don't like half this board

it wasn't really asking for medical advice, I was just looking for re-ensurence. But no some of you don't need that in your life, let alone from the web right? I'm just a HORRIBLE person!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: .....nevermind

• Options
    I think there's no harm in getting a test. Better to ease your mind and give you one less thing to stress out about, you know? Though the stress could be what's making your period go off like that. I'm sorry. :(

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    kinsey0628kinsey0628 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2010
    hi play.. first i'm so sorry about your break up, things will get better in time.

personally, i'm a total believer in just taking a pregnancy test.  whats the harm in spending $20 if it can put your mind at ease a bit?  i dont know if it would be 100% accurate at that point.. but seriously, seeing a negative on the pregnancy test i would imagine would help ease your mind a bit at least.

also.. i'm not exactly following the timeline, but it sounds like you used the birthcontrol properly, right?  if i had to guess, i would guess you are NOT pregnant... if you used the birth control right, your chances are low.

i think all the stress you are under CAN affect your period.  also, i hope this doesn't come off as hurtful or anything, but PCOS can cause you to have fertility issues anyway.. so maybe even LESS chance that you're randomly pregnant, even tho you've been using BC.

also, i'm all for just going to the doctor too, to put your mind at ease.

hang in there.. hugs.
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2010
    thank you ladies...
  • Options

If it was me, i would get tested. That being said the tests aren't that accurate when you are only a week late. So take your answer with  a grain of salt.

• Options
    You may just want to go to the doctor and have a blood test done.  It is definitely more of a concrete answer than an at home test.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I'll be getting a test tomorrow... and probably a box of 2 in case it would be too early but I'm not so sure.

thank you

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Most tests are fairly reliable once your period is late.  Get tested.  Believe it or not, the pregnancy tests they have at the 99cent store are very reliable, so you don't necessarily have to shell out $20 for peace of mind.

A lot of women with PCOS have irregular menses, even when on BC.  Stress can exacerbate this.  Also most women with PCOS have a harder time conceiving, so the likelihood that you're pregnant while on NuvaRing is very low.

I am so sorry about the breakup.  The hurt does go away, but not nearly as quickly as one would like.
  • Options
    I have an irregular period. It sucks, I haven't even had sex and it makes me worry (yes i know where babies come from its just an irrational fear) I would totally suggest getting a test because stress messes with your period so it might help just to ease your mind.

• Options

I also have PCOS and the way i was diagnosed was due to periods being irregular.  I was like 2-3 weeks late for a few months before i went to the doctor.  As you may know that is a symptom.  So, i think it might just be your PCOS as you said you didn't put the ring back in when you were suppose to.  Are you taking your medicine regularly because that could be the culprit too. 

As far as infertility goes with PCOS, my Dr. said he has lots of patients that have healthy pregnancies and deliveries with the syndrome.  He just told me to take my glucophage as directed and i should be fine, as well as watching your carbs. He told me no more than 60 g. of carbs per meal.  He also said that it takes about 6 months for the meds. to work properly for fertility reasons and as far as easing PCOS symptoms. 

You probably know this information but just figured i'd share.  I have every intention to get pregnant after i get married, PCOS can Kiss MY ASS!!!  ha. 

Good luck with everything and hey taking a pregnancy test wouldn't hurt, atleast you would be at ease. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yes.. it would be more accurate "IF" you were pregnant and it have been since march/april... i definitely think that would show up on a home preg. test.  the longer you are pregnant, the more accurate the test result... or i should say the more likely you will be to get a positive result, bc it's testing the F.something something?  i forget the initial but some hormone that shows up in your P and there is more and more of it as the pregnancy progresses... at least at first??

basically YES a home pregnancy test WILL be more reliable if you would be that far along as opposed to if you were only like a week "pregnant"

also... are you saying that you have HAD a period since you broke up, and not had sex since that period?  bc if so, i think the chances of you being pregnant just got even lower.  i have heard ppl say stuff like "you can still get a period when you are pregnant." but i dunno.... 

yes, even with PCOS, you definitely can and will have babies with the right man when the time is right!  :)  i actually got tested for it the other week.  (but didn't have it)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-tmi-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db8b05a2-0f91-47d0-91a3-b64d70d36ea0Post:77393049-fecc-4ec2-a4ee-c5690942571e">Re: I don't know what to do!! :-( TMI warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most tests are fairly reliable once your period is late.  Get tested.  Believe it or not, the pregnancy tests they have at the 99cent store are very reliable, so you don't necessarily have to shell out $20 for peace of mind.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

i also agree w/ this.  buy a cheap test... seeing the negative result will put your mind at ease, then you'll probably get your period the next day and wont be mad, since you didn't spend that much $$$.  haha
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I know and understand no one is a doctor, and I was not asking for medical advice. I was simply reaching out for friendly advice to help re ensure me that this is very slim.

• Options
    GL babe!
    keep us posted Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-tmi-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db8b05a2-0f91-47d0-91a3-b64d70d36ea0Post:a3b0e396-a05b-48fb-beea-0847483a23f7">Re: I don't know what to do!! :-( TMI warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may just want to go to the doctor and have a blood test done.  It is definitely more of a concrete answer than an at home test.
    Posted by amylydia23[/QUOTE]

Not really.  I got a positive pregnancy test at home and my dr didn't need me to come in to confirm anything, just scheduled an appt for 10 weeks from my last period.

Play - you said yourself that you've been stressed and not taking the best care of yourself.  That can throw your lady parts off, so my suggestion is to stop worrying about it.  If taking a home test is what you need to do, then do it.  Fwiw, the First Response Early Result is the most accurate out of all of them, so I'd spring for that if you really want to know.

Relax, try to get some sleep and start taking better care of yourself!  This means eating better, and yes, I'm getting all mom on you right now.  You will feel better about things mentally if you're feeling better physically, so take some time to pamper yourself. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    thank you Sucrets...

Good night

And thank you to those that were nice to me.. and understanding.
    Or those that just didn't bother posting anything.

• Options
    BC is not a form of treatment for PCOS.  I would recommend you go on medication for it to get it under control. It could get worse.  There are many symptoms to PCOS and effects and by taking the BC you are just fixing the irregularity that PCOS causes and acne that it also can contribute to.  It also causes darker and excess body hair, thinning of hair on the scalp, depression, and in most cases is insulin related causing insulin resistance=blood sugar levels going up, and over time may contribute to diabetes.  If i were you i'd go do a check up with the gyno.  Have you not touched base about PCOS since you were 17?
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-tmi-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db8b05a2-0f91-47d0-91a3-b64d70d36ea0Post:3f9038c6-4fd5-4293-9abf-8380dab0270f">Re: I don't know what to do!! :-( TMI warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]BC is not a form of treatment for PCOS.  I would recommend you go on medication for it to get it under control. It could get worse.  There are many symptoms to PCOS and effects and by taking the BC you are just fixing the irregularity that PCOS causes and acne that it also can contribute to.  It also causes darker and excess body hair, thinning of hair on the scalp, depression, and in most cases is insulin related causing insulin resistance=blood sugar levels going up, and over time may contribute to diabetes.  If i were you i'd go do a check up with the gyno.  Have you not touched base about PCOS since you were 17?
    Posted by RandiLakin[/QUOTE]

truth.
  • Options
    Test.  I skipped a period after years on the pill.  I don't know why, it just happened.  I tested negative, and have since had periods normally.  I'm obviously not preggers.

So, test.  Then give it a week and test again.  It's probably just stress, but you'll feel better knowing for sure.
  • Options
    Play, so sorry about your breakup. I'd test, but mostly to ease my mind- the likelihood of you actually pregnant sounds pretty slim. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Everyone else has given pretty much the same advice that I would, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your break up and hope that, overall, you're doing ok.  Good luck!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    I get my preggo tests at the dolla tree!  They work fine just do that.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Really...I don't get posts like this.
    Afraid you're pregnant? TAKE A FUCKING TEST, consult your doctor. We're not doctors. Really now.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-tmi-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db8b05a2-0f91-47d0-91a3-b64d70d36ea0Post:a5727b94-6021-4f35-b55a-e5dc4e2cdabd">Re: I don't know what to do!! :-( TMI warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get my preggo tests at the dolla tree!  They work fine just do that.  Good luck.
    Posted by FutureMrsTayPrince[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my god.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm also on Nuva Ring and there have been times that I've skipped mine. I asked my doctor about it and she said that can happen. However, test anyway, it'll help your stress :)
  • Options
    Whats the matter snowflake you to good for dollar tree preg tests?
  • Options
    I get my HIV tests at the dollar tree.  So far, so good!  *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-tmi-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db8b05a2-0f91-47d0-91a3-b64d70d36ea0Post:af2a6317-4059-4d4a-ba83-7ef36b616040">Re: I don't know what to do!! :-( TMI warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whats the matter snowflake you to good for dollar tree preg tests?
    Posted by FutureMrsTayPrince[/QUOTE]

who is snowflake?
  • Options
    I assume that was for Salt, and that would also count as the first time I've seen that used as a racial slur, if that is the manner in which she intended it.  Wow.
  • Options
    I seen u girls use way worse than snowflake get of you're high horse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards