Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First dance music too raunchy??

I really want 1+1 by beyonce to be my first dance song but because the chorus says "make love to me" I'm not sure how my family will feel about that. I really just like the other lyrics besides that part. Would it be okay? If not, any ideas?

Re: First dance music too raunchy??

• Options
    I've never heard that song but if you are questioning/uncomfortable with some of the lyrics now, I would probably skip it and find a different song.

I don't know your musical tastes as far as other suggestions go. I can tell you what we did, whch was "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. Our runner-up was Bright Eyes' "First day of my life."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-music-too-raunchy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:b00ce1ca-ed80-493b-b393-cf4d4f8e595fPost:14ee7fed-69a4-40e4-bd5b-14ca74715e4a">Re: First dance music too raunchy??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard that song but if you are questioning/uncomfortable with some of the lyrics now, I would probably skip it and find a different song. I don't know your musical tastes as far as other suggestions go. I can tell you what we did, whch was "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. Our runner-up was Bright Eyes' "First day of my life."
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was thinking of maybe editing the part because it is only four words that I want to edit. Great choices for your music. Now I have even more to consider! Thanks

</div>
  • Options
    How do you plan to edit it? That might actually draw more attention to the lyrics. Does it happen late enough in the song that you could have the DJ fade before it? I don't know that song at all, sorry! However in my experience most wedding guests are watching the couple dance, not listening closely to the lyrics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards