Outdoor Weddings

Airbrush or traditional make-up?

Aside from the price, what is the difference with these? What's your experience with these kinds of make-up on an outdoor setting? I have combination (oily/dry)skin, and traditional make-up usually "disappears" from my face within a few hours, so I'm concerned because my wedding is outdoors next month.

Which would you recommend?

Thank you!!!

-Tania

"My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome

Re: Airbrush or traditional make-up?

• Thankfully the salon doing my hair and makeup for the wedding charges the same price for traditional and airbrush makeup. I'm choosing to do airbrush because my makeup tends to disappear after a short time and my wedding is outdoors in the summer and I don't want my makeup to be gone within the first hour. I've heard so many reviewes from other girls who have used airbrush and they say it's flawless an lasts all days even if they're sweating in the sun. HTH!
  • I have combo skin and I'm doing traditional for my outdoor wedding...I think it has less to do with traditional versus airbrush and more to do with the right products and right person putting on the make-up.
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • edited April 2010
    I don't necessarily think one method is better than the other.  I agree it depends on the talent of the makeup artist and the quality of the makeup they use.  I definitely would recommend a trial so you know what to expect.  

For my wedding I had airbrush makeup and I loved it, but I also had a makeup artist who knew how to apply it very sparingly in thin layers.  It was comfortable, seemed sweat proof, and lasted all day and night.   

I've also had a horrible airbrush experience a few years ago when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding.  The airbrush makeup was too thick, uncomfortable, itchy, and the breakout a few days later was awful.  
    weddingcollage
  • I think it depends a lot on your skin. For me the Airbrush made my skin look old and scaly.  Regular foundation looked much smoother and more natural.  So I am going with the traditional make, in stead of airbrush.  When I did my trail it lasted all day were as the airbrush started to "crack" by the end of the day.  I wasn't a fan of the airbrush but I just don't think it works well with my skin, I have seen it work for others.  Honestly you won't know for sure if you don't get a trail.  It is the only way to know how it will work with your skin.  
  • Airbrush is a bit hard to come by in the rural area that my wedding will be located in, so I'm going to be using traditional.  If you use a primer (Smashbox is a good one), HD foundation (Makeup Forever is another good one), and a traslucent powder it should last pretty well.  Try Sephora, Ulta, or any of the other makeup counters mentioned, if you decide to go the traditional route.  HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards