Massachusetts-Boston

Taj rooftop / Boston Public Library / deCordova?

My fiance and I just got engaged on Tuesday (!!), and we're trying to select a ceremony/reception venue for our wedding in September or October 2012. It's a little overwhelming how many choices there are to make!  I'd like to have the wedding someplace with excellent food, good wedding planners/coordinators, and either a great view of the city or a museum/cultural space of some sort.

I'm leaning towards the deCordova Museum in Lincoln or the Boston Public Library, though BPL only has Friday and Sunday options right now :( My fiance and I also both really like the rooftop deck at the Taj, and the people were incredibly nice when I looked at it yesterday. Does anyone have any info about these locations? (We're also considering the Fairmont Copley Plaza, the Aquarium, and the Museum of Science.)

Thanks!!

Re: Taj rooftop / Boston Public Library / deCordova?

• We're having our May 2012 wedding at deCordova, ceremony in the sculpture park and reception inside. You have to pretty much bring everything in, besides tables and chairs, but you could definitely stay within that budget. They have a list of pre-approved caterers and Jessica, the coordinator, has been really helpful as far as giving suggestions and answering questions really quickly! We're very happy with our choice so far =) 

Can't help you with the other two, but let me know if there's anything specific you want to know about deCordova!
    May '12 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! 

First post (nervous!!!) 

We just had some issues with our venue and so I started looking at other venues. We love love loved the Boston Public Library and were about to book but I guess they close at 5pm (unless it's a Sunday) and so the earliest time you can have your ceremony is 6pm. My fiance pointed out that it will be dark by then and so we'd be getting married in the courtyard in the dark!!! We're not sure if we want to see each other before the ceremony and so I'm not sure bout this venue. 

I've been to a couple of events at the Taj and the ballroom is amazing but don't know what the rooftop is like. Would love to know what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards