North Carolina
Options

double whammy

Hey girls,

I've been MIA the last few days.  So here's the update.  I am finally starting to get over the chicken pox, but have developed a bad case of poison ivy.  Don't know from what or where.  I was at the doctors again today where I got a steroid shot in my hip to help with the poison ivy.  I hope it helps b/c it was certainly painful enough.

So 2 weeks to go and I'm praying that I'm better in time.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Re: double whammy

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, you're becoming familiar with the oatmeal bath?

:( Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gosh Allison!! You just can't catch a break!! Steroid injections suck. Period. Hope you're all better by the wedding!
    Photobucket

• Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feel better soon!!!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011

Try getting some Tecnu.  It's the best stuff available for removing the oils that cause the irritation.  I'm a field person, and I keep this stuff on hand at all time.  It should help with the itching and rash.  Wash your whole body in this stuff and then rinse it off. 

Get well vibes to you!

• Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_double-whammy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:bfdb2d0b-7721-421f-95fa-5126b0a7d541Post:c2d1859e-ce45-4d04-befc-e13ae0d8d7d6">Re: double whammy</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, you're becoming familiar with the oatmeal bath?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Ha, yes unfortunately.  I have the oatmeal bath, the oatmeal body wash and the oatmeal cream. Loving the oatmeal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!  I hope this mess clears up soon for you!  You've had your fair share now!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My goodness, VIBES for you! Hope that mess clears up soon.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm so sorry! Sometimes I get poison ivy from the dogs, if they step on it and then I pet them or something. It seriously sucks- and you already have the chicken pox. Blech! I hope your FI is bringing home milkshakes like, every day for you. The best medicine. :)

Feel better!

PS Liquid benedryl really helps with the itching, if they didn't give you a topical steroid that interferes with it.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards