Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Catholic Wedding Questions - Need to Find a Church during Lent!

Hello everyone!

Well, my fiance and I have pretty much decided on a reception venue and a date, but we are waiting to book anything until we find a church that will agree to marry us.  We want to take advantage of the venue's lower prices in March, but we want to get married in the Catholic Church and this date would fall within Lent.  We are not members of a parish ourselves, since we both moved away from home and are no longer living near our home parishes.

Do any of you know of any churches in the Montgomery County (specifically Lansdale, Montgomeryville, even Norristown area) that will marry us during Lent - even if we are not parishioners?  I've called several churches and left messages and have not heard back from anyone yet.

Specific churches we are looking at are St. Stanislaus in Lansdale or Corpus Christi in Lansdale.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!!

Re: Catholic Wedding Questions - Need to Find a Church during Lent!

• I think Holy Week would be the only week/weekend that would need to be avoided in most Catholic Churches. I know my church/pastor (St. Dorothy's in Drexel Hill) married my cousin on the Saturday prior to Palm Sunday a few years back. I don't have any recommendations for Lansdale, but hopefully those Churches you like can make it work! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards