Moms and Maids
Options

Taking FSIL to Bridal EXPO

So I invited my FMIL to go with my mother and I to the bridal expo this weekend. She usually bails on me so I really only kinda invited her to be considerate, cause she would find a way to throw it in my face. Well, I also have a FSIL and she is 16-17 and rude and annoying and horrible, and I didn't want her to go. I was hoping this could be a mom thing.
Well she asked if she could come or if I just wanted it to be the original 3.
So here is the thing, if I say yes she can come, it's going to be horrible and miserable for me.
IF I say no, they will get pissy and she will be offended, even though she doesn't really want to go, she just wants to go to be a pain.

What do I do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Taking FSIL to Bridal EXPO

• Options
    Invite her.  Expos are loud and busy, I'm sure you won't notice her attitude.  Besides, if FMIL cancels, maybe FSIL won't go either.
  • Options
    Thanks,

Another question, do guys go to these things? Would my FI feel out of place?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You've already told her she can go to the show with you. If you change your mind, it would be worse than if you had told her no from the beginning.

• Options

I have not invited her, I invited his mom and my mom only, hoping that it would be a moms day thing to get them involved in the wedding. His mom text me back "Can (his sister) come, or do you want it to be just us?"
    The problem is his sister is very rude and depressing and not too fun to be around and I want to have fun looking at things for the wedding. The only reason she wants to go is to feel like she is wanted, but once she gets there she is rude and acts like she would much rather be somewhere else.

ON a side note... Do grooms go to these things?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never been to one so I don't know if they do, but they certainly can if they want to.

As for FSIL, if you haven't already said yes, maybe say that you were hoping for a day with moms? Focusing on wanting special time with them, rather than on not wanting someone else. I wouldn't want to bring someone like that with me either. Or at least I'd drive separate so I'd be able to tell her she's free to leave when she starts pulling attitude...
  • Options
    Grooms can certainly attend.  I went to several with DD and brides were there with their FIs, moms, BMS, etc.  The only ones that I saw there that I would have preferred were left at home were the kids and babies in strollers.  They can be crowded and loud and the last thing you need are screaming kids running around.
  • Options
    I did bring H to one bridal expo, it was also the only one I attended!  The only reason we went was because we thought our limo company was going to be there and we could get a slight discount - we were signing the contract in 2 days.  We circled the room, didn't see our limo company and left.  We were there for 5 minutes.  H wasn't that fond of the experience and was glad to be out of there!  But H came with me to just about every appointment for the wedding.  He even came to the florist!  He only sat there quietly while my mom & I spoke with the florist, but he came! 
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Grooms can attend.  FI didn't because I knew he would be miserable the entire time.  Hell, I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would either.  Take advantage of the giveaways and discounts there.  I had everything pretty much set so it wasn't as lucrative for me as it could have been.
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

She responded with a "I'll try to get my tickets tomorrow at work" so maybe she won't show. Either way I hope it's super busy so it's easier to ignore the snarky comments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards