Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Changing my wedding date!!!

We were planning for a April 20, 2013 date but know we are having a few issues and need to change the date. We sent out our save-the-dates alreday too! Do we send out new save-the-dates types or just a letter type on nice paper? We aew thinking of pushing back to the fall of 2013. If anyone has advice about how to tell everyone that would be great. Thanks

Re: Changing my wedding date!!!

• Options
    How many STDs did you send? If you only sent a few, it might be best to call those people. 

If you don't know when your new date is, I would NOT send out new STDs. You can send a postcard saying that the wedding has been postponed / had a date change/ etc. You really do need to let your guests know as soon as possible, because some of them might be making travel reservations. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_changing-my-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:45c27492-c323-4681-8464-29b0092aea70Post:1ab4a2ff-bc9d-4dca-9110-1de6b8009a58">Re: Changing my wedding date!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many STDs did you send? If you only sent a few, it might be best to call those people.  If you don't know when your new date is, I would NOT send out new STDs. You can send a postcard saying that the wedding has been postponed / had a date change/ etc. You really do need to let your guests know as soon as possible, because some of them might be making travel reservations. 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

I agree. The sooner you figure out your confirmed date the better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_changing-my-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:45c27492-c323-4681-8464-29b0092aea70Post:e7493f98-0bc4-4496-888b-bc1f57c1882a">Changing my wedding date!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were planning for a April 20, 2013 date but know we are having a few issues and need to change the date. We sent out our save-the-dates alreday too! Do we send out new save-the-dates types or just a letter type on nice paper? We aew thinking of pushing back to the fall of 2013. If anyone has advice about how to tell everyone that would be great. Thanks
    Posted by ajcotton[/QUOTE]

Call all of your guests ASAP. I know I often have multiple requests for doing things on Saturdays, so you'll want to afford the guests the opportunity to free up their schedules.

If you don't have another date yet, you can say the same script to everyone initially to consistently convey the message: "Hi this is ajcotton. FI & I have found that we need to postpone our wedding. It will no longer be held on April 20th. We are still working on selecting a new date for later in 2013 (or whatever...) and we will keep you posted."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_changing-my-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:45c27492-c323-4681-8464-29b0092aea70Post:3203521c-deb8-4d0e-9f78-5b4d8bde8a00">Re: Changing my wedding date!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Changing my wedding date!!! : Call all of your guests ASAP. I know I often have multiple requests for doing things on Saturdays, so you'll want to afford the guests the opportunity to free up their schedules. If you don't have another date yet, you can say the same script to everyone initially to consistently convey the message: "Hi this is ajcotton. FI & I have found that we need to postpone our wedding. It will no longer be held on April 20th. We are still working on selecting a new date for later in 2013 (or whatever...) and we will keep you posted."
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this.  It might be a pain in the a** to have to make all of those phone calls, but I think your guests will appreciate it.  If you send a "date will be changing" postcard, then another STD once you know the date, then a wedding invitation, people will probably get a little overwhelmed by mail correspondance about your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards