Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Father/Daughter Song

I know this question has been asked before, but when searching all I could find was old stuff. I'm wondering, what did/are you using for your father/daughter dance?

I know that my dad will want to do some kind of country and western dance, but I just can't bring myself to do one of the super slow, mushy country songs. We do need something with a good beat, and probably some acoustic guitar but nothing too slow (it doesn't necessarily have to be straight country though).

So, please tell me what you used and/or if you have any suggestions for me. :)
Anniversary

Re: Father/Daughter Song

• edited July 2012
    I danced to "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.

Anniversary

• Daughter by Loudin Wainwright III is what we danced to. It is really upbeat, but still simple at the same time. 
  • Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffet. Fun song and my dad loves it.
  • We did I loved her first by Heartland. 

BUT,
    My second choice (which I really wanted to switch it to at the last minute) was Daddy's girl by Red Sovine. It's probably along the lines of what you're looking for as far as country. 
  • Crash also had a very touching dance to "Red Solo Cup" with her dad.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fatherdaughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6f554fdf-e88d-428a-86b3-8af131615657Post:3221036c-602b-4003-bbe2-51a3b2d97a2a">Re: Father/Daughter Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crash also had a very touching dance to "Red Solo Cup" with her dad.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Hahah. I really can't believe that I didn't think of that one earlier!
    Anniversary
  • What do you guys think of the Bellamy Brother's, "Let Your Love Flow?" CLICKY

It's kinda fast but super upbeat and non-cheesy.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fatherdaughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6f554fdf-e88d-428a-86b3-8af131615657Post:3221036c-602b-4003-bbe2-51a3b2d97a2a">Re: Father/Daughter Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crash also had a very touching dance to "Red Solo Cup" with her dad.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Yes, 
    The whole reception was in tears just by the touching content in the song. Much less our dance skills.<div>
    </div><div>Or were they crying because they were laughing so hard at our laugh of dance skills? 

I guess we'll never know.</div>
  • My dance with my dad was super mush fest country--'My Little Girl' by Tim McGraw. LOVE Little Miss Magic and Daughter too :)
  • We danced to "Tough Little Boys" by Gary Allan
  • My dad chose and picked "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. I cringed when I heard the title, but it's a really pretty song.

If it had been up to me, I probably would have picked "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. I think I read somewhere he wrote that about his daughter, and it's happy and upbeat. But not country at all, so I don't know if that helps.
  • My father and I danced to Tim Mcgraw - My Little Girl.

The whole time we were dancing my dad was making me laugh. It was funny, we didn't really listen to the words, we just talked alot :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards