New Hampshire

Southern New Hampshire venue ideas!

Hi guys,

A quick scan through the recent posts tells me I've considered most of the Southern NH reception venues already, but I'm hoping one of you might have one I missed!

Due our desired timing for the ceremony (12:00) its really not going to work for us to have our reception at a place that offers two distinct reception times( most places are 11-5 and 6-12ish). We found one location- Nashua Country Club- which only holds one wedding a day and therefore allows you any 5 hours for the reception. We love it, and its still in the works, but they may have given our date away to a member (grrr...) so I'm looking for other options.

Any ideas? Guest list is around 180.

Thanks!

Re: Southern New Hampshire venue ideas!

• kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pats Peak offers only 1 wedding on Sundays and you can choose your own time.
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you found a place you really liked could you compromise on the time? like maybe do 11 a.m.?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Castleton, in Windham.  I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to have a reception there with that time frame.  They are pretty flexible with that.  They do have set times but I think it would work, since most people with evening weddings they told me choose 7pm start.  The 1/2 hall would be perfect for you guest list.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you look at the NH Knot Bio for a pretty thorough list of venues?  You could also ask around at restaurants to find out what the cost would be to close for the afternoon/day to host a reception.

http://nhknotties.weebly.com/venues-used-by-nh-brides.html
  • edited December 2011

The shattuck Golf Club in Jaffrey offers one wedding per day, and can accommodate that amount.

• DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Searles Castle in Windham is in the more expensive range for weddings, but also only hosts one event per day and allows you to pick any time you want.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    Sky meadow country club is also in Nashua and host one wedding a day. HTH
  • Michelley2426Michelley2426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Promises to Keep in Derry does 4 weddings a day since they have 2 rooms. 2 in the morning and 2 at night. The hours they told us were 10 and 12 for morning and 5 and 7 for night. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want the Nashua area...I would suggest either Sky Meadow or perhaps the Crowne Plaza hotel or the Marriott Hotel.  Both of the hotels have fairly large function rooms that could accomodate a wedding your size.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Harris' Pelham Inn in Pelham, NH is pretty flexible I believe.  It is right on the pond and has beautiful grounds.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Zorvino Vineyards does one event per day, they are also super friendly and accomodating and the venue is gorgeous!
  • njhunter84njhunter84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Zorvino Vineyards in Sandown NH. You can do anytime you want you get 5 hrs if you do the ceremony there you get an extra 30 min or the ceremony, but you can pick any time of the day or night since you will be the only one there that day.
  • amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a little late on this post., but I am getting married at Brookstone in Derry and love it! They only do one wedding at a time.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks everyone!!

Nashua Country Club ended up coming through for us (change in date, but we're happy with it!) but I hope this info will be useful for another bride- great ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you try Harris Pelham Inn? They only have one wedding on sunday and they allow you to choose any 6 hours you want.

Brookstone Park holds only one wedding at a time as well 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards