Flowers
Options

XP: What do you think of this for centerpieces? PIP

I've been posting over the last few weeks (on the DIY board) about different centerpiece options with tissue paper flowers and with crepe paper flowers. I decided that I like the look of a topiary like this for some of the centerpieces:

I made THESE (Click) huge crepe paper roses yesterday and they came out really well. I'm really thinking about doing a few of those huge roses as centerpieces. How many do you think that I should include per table? I would buy a vase, and probably add a ribbon border to the vase to make it pretty. They are so big that I wouldn't have to make that many, but do they look cheesy for a wedding? The wedding ceremony is outdoors at 1:30 P.M. by a lake and the reception is indoors at 2:00 P.M. in May. Here are two pictures of my rose that I made. It doesn't have leaves attached or a calyx right now. I need to find green crepe paper. Sorry they are sideways.

Since they are so easy to make, I think it's a really good idea but I don't want it to look completely cheesy.

Re: XP: What do you think of this for centerpieces? PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    While I cannot tell dimensions by the photo - they look great! 
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't tell how big they really are nor do I know how large your tables will be.  The best I can say is make a few and put them in a vase and see what you like.  You might find you only need two or you may like five.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The quantity and placement is dependent on the size of your tables.  I went to a wedding that had long buffet tables (about eight feet long) with three topiaries.   These were holly topiaries (December wedding).  The scale was perfect for that size table.  
  • Options
    SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See that's the thing, I don't know how large the tables are. My venue supplies them and every time I ask them a dimention question (ex I asked the length of the aisle for my aisle runner monogram), they don't know or they take weeks to respond. They rent their tables, so I don't even know if they know the dimentions. I know they are round though.

That flower is huge. It's probable about 12 inches in diameter. It is the same size as the one's in the martha stewart video that I have in the link above.

What I think I'm going to do is have one big one and two or three smaller ones in a glass vase. Thanks for your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards