Pre-wedding Parties

Shower invite list

I am planning my sister's shower.  She is having a small-ish wedding out of town.  I got married a year ago and had a much larger wedding and guest list.  My mom is pushing to invite people to my sister's shower who aren't invited to her wedding because they were invited to my bridal shower and my mom has gone to all of their daughters' showers.  It's my understanding that if people aren't invited to the wedding they shouldn't be invited to the shower.  Thoughts?  Can the exception be made for smaller weddings?

Re: Shower invite list

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

People who aren't invited to the wedding should not be invited to wedding related parties.

No, there cannot be an expeption for smaller weddings. To me, that is saying "Hey you're invited to bring a gift to the shower, but sorry you didn't make the cut for the actual wedding".

• kamarks08kamarks08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-invite-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:259af3f2-2d33-435f-8f23-b6bf2e523880Post:2944614d-4473-4d76-9bc9-d368980282bf">Re: Shower invite list</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who aren't invited to the wedding should not be invited to wedding related parties. No, there cannot be an expeption for smaller weddings. To me, that is saying "Hey you're invited to bring a gift to the shower, but sorry you didn't make the cut for the actual wedding".
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. It cannot be an exception. It's kind of a slap in the face, and can come off as though you're just looking for more gifts for your sister. I assume this is not your intention, and I'd hate for it to come across that way.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what happens when you have a small wedding.  Small wedding  = small shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards