Florida-North Florida

KotW: LuckyinLove!

Your turn LiL! 

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being knottie of the week, please post here!

1.First Name & FI's First name and wedding date?
2. Where did you go to college?
3. What part of the world do you live in?
4. How did you and FI Meet?
5. How long have you been together?
6. Do you live together? Why or why not?
7. How did FI propose?
8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?
9. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?
11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do?
12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama?
13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet?
14. Do you have any pets? Names?
15. Do you have any siblings?
16. What is your favorite food?
17. What is your favorite movie?
18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol)
19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you?
20. Where are you honeymooning?
21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot?
22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
23. What do you love most about your FI?
24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?
25. What is one silly thing about you?
26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend?
27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior?
28. What other Knottie boards do you visit?
29. Describe yourself in 3 words.
30. What else do you want to share??

Re: KotW: LuckyinLove!

• toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh! It's me! Haha, just kidding. This was a great idea Ashley!

1.First Name & FI's First name and wedding date?
    Elizabeth and Chris; March 13, 2010

2. Where did you go to college?
    I went to undergrad at University of North Florida but I'm currently in graduate school at Clemson University.

3. What part of the world do you live in?
    I guess you could consider me a southerner here in the US. Then again, I'm a northerner at heart.

4. How did you and FI Meet?
    We met while I was on a date with his best friend (Brandon). I was 17 and Brandon invited me to a party. When we got there, someone had a flat tire so Brandon went to help them but left me with Chris since I didn't know anyone else. We hit it off and spent the rest of the night talking. Brandon gave his blessing so here we are 7 years later. Oh, and Brandon is one of our two best men.

5. How long have you been together?
    It was 7 years on November 9th.

6. Do you live together? Why or why not?
    Yes. We moved in together when I bought a condo in Jville. FI was living all the way in Middleburg with his grandma and it was a huge inconvenience for him since he worked near where I lived. It just made sense at the time.

7. How did FI propose?
    He did it on Christmas morning. He tried to tie the ring box to our kitten (who was NOT having it). It ended up being very funny and sweet since Chris has to chase the kitty around. My  whole immediate family was there too which made it extra special.

8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?
    15 months. FI isn't a fan of long engagement so we just picked the next date that worked for both of us.

9. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    Parker's Events. My coordinator, florist, and photographer all in one place and I couldn't be happier.

10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?
    Surround yourself with people who really care for you and FI. Avoid people who are not supportive (as best as you are able) to try and keep your sanity.

11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do?
    I am a professional student. I'm a full time graduate student and then I am a TA for a psychology statistics course. FI is also in school full time and then he runs a sushi bar in Clemson.

12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama?
    Absolutely! If I did have to leave my kids with someone I hope it would be my mother. My grandma lived with me from when I was 5 to when I was 18 and I cherish the time I had with her.

13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet?
    Yes, at least two. If we decide we want a third we'll most likely adopt, or try to take in some foster children. Corbin Dallas for a boy. I really like Isabelle for a girl, or Mary (after my mom) but FI and I don't really agree on girl names yet.

14. Do you have any pets? Names?
    Yes. We have a big fat orange tabby named Loki, but we just call him Fatty. We also have a Russian Blue named Anya.

15. Do you have any siblings?
    2 younger sisters.

16. What is your favorite food?
    Pizza!

17. What is your favorite movie?
    It's really hard for me to choose a favorite movie because it depends on my mood. Ultimately, I may have to say Fried Green Tomatoes. It never fails to put me in a good mood.

18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol)
    Non-alcoholic-- /> Coca cola (the real stuff, not diet, but I don't get to drink it often).
    Alcoholic-- /> Probably a white russian.

19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you?
    Not having FI's parents involved. I know some brides would envy me not having a FMIL to please but it makes things really difficult since I"m having to rely completely on FI for info about his side of the family (which is huge).

20. Where are you honeymooning?
    Sun Palace in Cancun, Mexico.

21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot?
    That nobody cares as much about your wedding as you do, except maybe other Knotties :)

22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
    New York City

23. What do you love most about your FI?
    That he's a secret ninja in his spare time, hahaha. Sorry, he wanted me to tell you guys that. Um, probably how gentle natured he is. When I see the way he treats our cats, I know he's going to be an amazing father and husband.

24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?
    A live band, and more guests.

25. What is one silly thing about you?
    I am completely obsessed with celebrity gossip.

26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend?
    I would have to say Christie...I would love to have gotten married at the Cummer. It will be beautiful!

27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior?
    I might get flamed for this...but that all you can expect from your bridesmaids is to show up and wear the dress. It's probably just because I've always been in weddings where the bridesmaids wanted to be really involved, and I'm lucky enough to have bridesmaids that want to be really involved.

28. What other Knottie boards do you visit?
    Um...I used to visit March 2010 and the budget board a lot but lately I've barely had time to get on here. I also check out Ashley's blog a lot :)

29. Describe yourself in 3 words.
    Loud, loyal, loving.

30. What else do you want to share??
    I really have enjoyed my experience on the Knot. Even if I don't always agree with everyone's opinions, and sometimes things get a little crazy with the flaming (a phenomenon that freaked me out the first time I saw it) I really value the input that I've been able to get. It's also been really great for me because I'm hours and hours away from all my bridesmaids and my family, so I don't have a lot of people close by to talk to about the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any extra questions at the moment. I just wanted to say that I love these posts! It's fun to find out more about all of our knotties.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards