April 2013 Weddings

The April 2013 Bride Official Workout Thread

I haven't seen one started, although I didn't go back too far to check.

I'm SURE I'm not the only bride wanting to lose weight or tone up!

So, me personally, I'd like to lose up to 50 pounds between now and next April. Not sure if it's totally realistic, but anything and everything counts!
I have several Jillian Michaels DVDs and am doing the 30 Day Shred right now. I'm on day 2 of level one, so I've got a long ways to go yet.

I'm thinking about doubling up on workouts with another DVD, haven't decided which one yet. Do one in the morning, and the other in the afternoon or evening.

I struggle with eating right, I'm a HUGE carb pig and sometimes I struggle with portion control. I don't have a huge sweet tooth but I definitely like my buttered noodles with parmesan. Oooooh yeah!
To help improve my diet, I've started writing down what I eat and really make an effort to not snack between meals.

Anybody else with me?!

Re: The April 2013 Bride Official Workout Thread

• Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Hey there!

I too want to tone/lose weight, im aiming for 15-20 lbs. I lost 20 lbs last winter/spring but gained 10 back since then cause I completely slacked on everything, I actually lost all the weight doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 5-6 times a week and just watching what I eat.

So far, instead of busing or driving to work, I've been biking (only 3 km there and 3 km back) and watching where I live. I keep 'putting off' when im actually going to start, probably 1st of april. I more so want to tone my body (my stomach, hips and legs) than anything else, my goal is this September when I do my engagement shoot, so plenty of time but I need to start.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm wanting to lose forty pounds. 
    I have been on the diet wagon all week. Fish and fruit, fish and fruit. Blah-
    But I am hoping to kick this weight off so I can BUY MY DRESS! I walk every night for about 40 minutes and will increase soon. I broke my knee last year so I need to be a little careful with the workouts. Last night I felt no pain whatsoever when I walked so that is a good sign. 
    I hope this goes my way. I want to be in good shape for my big day :).
    My FI and I both spent a year "fat and happy" eating what we wanted and snuggling. We are paying for it now. lol

• i wanna lose weight..i went back to weight watchers...i lost 15lbs in university when doing it...but now that im older its a little harder, trying to couple it with exercise but im lazy! lol  

does this 30 day shred really work?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dileni, I hope you mean 5-6 times a WEEK! Lol.

nay1984, I'm not very far into my own experience, but from the thousands of reviews, I think it does work IF you maintain it. I believe if you stick to it, you WILL build muscle tone and lose inches. Everything I've read concerning this regime says that tracking your progress using pounds lost is completely inaccurate since you are also building muscle.

I've taken before pictures, and will take new pictures of 10-14 days and see how everything looks! I'm pretty excited.

• Lesa, I too am a big fan of walking. I can hardly jog without calves/ankles aching so I always prefer to go extra far/intense with walking. I hope you knee continues behaving!
  • i am also wanting to lose some weight! hoping to tone up as well. I would like to lose 10-20lbs. I have started walking with the nice weather, and am debating weight watchers. With budgeting for the wedding, its super hard to want to join a gym or join something like weight watchers because of the extra costs!!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_the-april-2013-bride-official-workout-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:8e34cb61-2a90-4632-a342-caf8902b7070Post:d854a04c-1005-4391-a471-b8789b2b1e16">Re: The April 2013 Bride Official Workout Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dileni, I hope you mean 5-6 times a WEEK! Lol. nay1984, I'm not very far into my own experience, but from the thousands of reviews, I think it does work IF you maintain it. I believe if you stick to it, you WILL build muscle tone and lose inches. Everything I've read concerning this regime says that tracking your progress using pounds lost is completely inaccurate since you are also building muscle. I've taken before pictures, and will take new pictures of 10-14 days and see how everything looks! I'm pretty excited.
    Posted by chinofiesta93[/QUOTE]
    LOL YES yes I did! I didnt even catch my typo. I wish I was that much of a tank that i could do it 5-6 times a day. I was pretty immobile each day after I did it haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a special diet that allows you to lose ten pounds in three days. I have done it a few times and it really works. But it has to be followed exactly. On morning four I was exactly 10 pounds lighter. Weird- guess it works on a chemical breakdown. But when I tried it two weeks in a row it didn't work. So it is for 10 lbs. and that it's. Just let me know if anyone wants it- I'll e-mail it to you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_the-april-2013-bride-official-workout-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:8e34cb61-2a90-4632-a342-caf8902b7070Post:62d40e76-06ce-4fa5-8426-f1f8c3b8b4e5">Re: The April 2013 Bride Official Workout Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a special diet that allows you to lose ten pounds in three days. I have done it a few times and it really works. But it has to be followed exactly. On morning four I was exactly 10 pounds lighter. Weird- guess it works on a chemical breakdown. But when I tried it two weeks in a row it didn't work. So it is for 10 lbs. and that it's. Just let me know if anyone wants it- I'll e-mail it to you.
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]
    I wouldnt mind seeing this diet, can you private message it to me? Or post it on here?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lesa, me too! I'd like to see it. As I said in a previous post, I suck at the diet part of weight loss, but exposing myself to as many resources helps me make better decisions in the long run.

This morning I woke up and worked out right off the bat. I feel great now!
  • Hey clovester!
    Congrats on your weight loss -- and best wishes as you progress!

This morning I'm slow. FI slept over, I'm up with the kiddo, and had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast LOL.
    It's really cool out so I'll probably go for a walk/jog.
    I hope to do my DVD later today!

What do  you guys have planned today?
  • Lesa, if you pm me that diet as well that would be great, thanks
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Myfitnesspal is a great app for tracking your food daily...it's helping me!  I do a mix of Jillian Michaels, yoga, pilates, zumba, and general gym classes.  A colleague is giving me the Insanity workout DVDs.  I've cut out red meat and most alcohol (I let myself have one or two drinks in the span of a week) and since January I'm down 7-8 pounds.  I'm not into those fad diets that make you drop weight quickly, TBH.  I feel so strong and proud and I can't wait to try dresses on next weekend!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    So far I'm down 15lbs over the last 6 months and I've been doing a combination of eating way more healthier, switching carbs out for more veggies during meals and I have another 15 -20 to go by next April and I think I should be able to meet that goal. For exercise, I've been doing lots of walking and pilates and zumba and workout DVDs. I've also started a couch to 5K program last week, and I'm trying really hard to stick with it, but we will see what happens. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I'm in!!  It's so hard though!  I have ZERO will power!  I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast on my way into work!  Ugh....I am wanting to lose 10-15 lbs.  We are going on a cruise in exactly 2 months and I have to kick it into high gear!!  I am only 5 ft tall so when I gain 5 lbs it looks like a lot more than that!  

Last year I did Jillian's 30 day shred and let me tell you, my arms looked the best they had in years!  I didn't really lose weight because I didn't do a great job with food, but my body definitely changed!  Good luck and maybe if I have to be accountable to this board it will help.  I went and tried on dresses, and that did give me some serious motivation.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know it's probably a little too extreme for some people but I do Crossfit. It's the most amazing workout I've ever done.  You get results so quickly and I really enjoy it.  I can do pull ups now!!!! Every part of my body is so toned and looking good. I have to say though, it is VERY difficult and if you plan on going to a Crossfit gym it is expensive. They suggest a "caveman" diet, so you would eat unprocessed foods, meat, veggies, fruit, nuts, and extremely limit things like carbs and sweets. It's not for everyone but I like it.
  • I'd like to see the diet!  I've got about 10 to lose :)  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Hey ladies!

I'm also using myfitnesspal to track my eating, and I'm wanting to drop 30lbs between now and ideally the end of the year. I just did a month of boot camp to get my stamina back, but the gym program is so expensive! It was like $300 a month to coninue it (I had a livingsocial deal). So instead my plan is doing a 30 day shred/other Jillian video in the mornings, followed by a nice long walk with FI in the evenings before dinner (now that the weather SHOULD be getting really nice). My school has a gym that I can use for free (fees included in tuition) but there's only one more month of that before summer break, and I'm not a summer student so.. trying to get into the habit of outdoor exercise in the meantime.

Woohoo!! We can do it! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_the-april-2013-bride-official-workout-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:8e34cb61-2a90-4632-a342-caf8902b7070Post:62d40e76-06ce-4fa5-8426-f1f8c3b8b4e5">Re: The April 2013 Bride Official Workout Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a special diet that allows you to lose ten pounds in three days. I have done it a few times and it really works. But it has to be followed exactly. On morning four I was exactly 10 pounds lighter. Weird- guess it works on a chemical breakdown. But when I tried it two weeks in a row it didn't work. So it is for 10 lbs. and that it's. Just let me know if anyone wants it- I'll e-mail it to you.
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Im getting married in September of this year, and would love to drop a couple of pounds..would you please email me that special diet?? Thanks..my email is
    <a href="mailto:adria5000@aol.com" rel="nofollow">adria5000@aol.com</a>. THanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards