Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews 10-2-10 Part 1

Hi Ladies,
I hope these reviews help. All of  my vendors were amazing and my day went very smoothly and was wonderful, as were the days leading up to it.

Rehearsal Dinner- Old Sea Pines Inn, Brewster: A+ I can not say enough about OSPI...they were wonderful. The rehearsal was set up gorgeously and the food was amazing,  We had a cocktail hour on the deck and the service was great, then moved into the dining room for dinner which was delish! Also, we had some guests staying there for the wedding and each of them told me how nice the owners were each time they called.

Wedding Ceremony- St Joan of Arc, Orleans, MA: A+ Thsi was a great church to get married in. Not being from the Cape a few Catholic Churches gave us a hard time. But not SJOA...they were extremely welcoming and Fr Bob, the Pastor, made us feel like we had known him forever. At the rehearsal, the coordinator Kim was super nice and went through everything so thouroughly we all felt at ease knowing she was there the day of.

Wedding Reception- Ocean Edge, Brewster MA (Ballroom) A+ I know Ocean Edge gets some mixed reviews, but let me tell you, it was perfect. Every detail and aspect of our day was perfect and Jen McAnaw at Ocean Edge was a big part of that.  We had booked 2 years early and being a little anal, I emailed her constantly and got everything I wanted in writing. I was nervous that all my ideas would not come together but Jen made it all happen. The foyer and ballroom was set up better than I could imagine and she was there for me the whole week before and night of with any little thing I needed which was not  much becuase it was all handled. We had our cocktail hour on the terrace and had a raw bar with lobster...well I think people will be talking about it forever because it was unending and plentiful and the view was amazing. The dinner and service was top notch. The only complaint anyone had was that they had to ask for coffee and that was because when it was served everyone was dancing. If you are considering getting married there, DO IT...its expensive yes, but worth every penny in my opinion. Almost every one of our guests  told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We could not be happier with our choice of Ocean Edge.

DJ- Danny Walsh: A+ Danny is awesome! We went to him through recommendations and we are so happy we did. We met with him about 18 months out t he first time and kept in contact throughout the planning. We met again about 2 weeks out and went over our choices. We did not even really give him a song list, just ideas and he hit the nail on the head. The dance floor was packed the entire night and we got so many comliments on the music. He even helped us a lot of the intro choices. Also, we had a large bridal party (10 bms and 9 gms) and he easily got us all organized for the intros without any confusiion! He was the best!

Photographer- Jennifer Vincente: A+ Jenni is so fun to work with, she has a really sarcastic personality like me so we got along great. We found her through a friend and when we went to meet her her whole office is pink and brown, so sassy and I knew I would love her work, which we did. We did our engagement shots at Fenway and the pics came out great and we laughed the whole time. She had lots of good ideas at the wedding and kept our large party in line. Still waiting on the final pics but will review again when we see them but if they are anything like engagement photos or my friends album, the rating with stick!

Videographer- Sean Mitchell from Just Press Play- A+ I originally did not plan on getting a video but then changed my mind kind of last minute so my budget was not huge for video. I found Sean through reviews on the knot and his prices were in my range.. I checked out a sample and thought it was very good quality and compared to some of the more overpriced vendors who had basically the same work.  He agreed to a custom package to fit my needs and my budget. He was also very responsive and personal throughout the planning and I could tell he would be fun to work with. The day of the wedding, he was great and even brought a second videographer to the reception which was not planned. We hardly knew he was there, he was so unintrusive. I will post another review once we get the video.

Flowers- The Tangled Web- A+: Words can not even describe how beautiful the flowers were, she went beyond my expectations. I booked her early as I did my other vendors and changed my mind about 20 times through the planning because I went from fall theme to black and white wedding. I met her right before the wedding with a few pics but more so just explained my vision! She made it happen better than I could imagine. Everyone loved the flowers. The bm bouquets were large and bright against the black with orchids, callas, roses, hydrangeas of pink, purple, orange, red and my bouquet was a variation and was just perfect. The centerpieces were 9 high and 9 low and they were all amazing. She even decorated our place card table with accenting orchids as well as 2 large orchid centerpieces for the church and lobby. The boutenierres were beautiful and lasted all night, I think my husbands is even still alive. The flowers she put on the cake were perfect as welll. I would use Jen again in a heartbeat.

Cake- Casual Gourmet: A The cake was gorgeous, way better than I could have imagined. It was 4 tier square offsetting tiers with black ribbon. Our tasting was great, they even catered to our large group and they were very nice when I called a few times. The one small bite of cake I tasted was delish. We had lemon and rasberry for 2 tiers and black and white with buttercream for the other 2. I got rave reviews on the lemon and I liked the black and white. My husband (the cake expert) said he did not think the black and white was that great (which I why I left off the +). But overall, great looking cake and delish (go with the lemon!)

Linens- Be our Guest Rentals, Sandwich- A+ We decided to use black chargers and black chivari chairs since we had a black and white theme. We found Be Our Guest through Ocean Edge and loved working with Dyane there. We talked and emailed pics and ideas through the process and she gave us the best ideas for our budget. Well it turned out beautiful, exactly as I pictured.

My Dress, veil and jewelry- KLIENFELD- I had an awesome experience there, both shopping for my dress and getting the alteraltions. Even having to make the trip down there 4 times did not seem a bother because they make you feel so great when you are there. My dress was altered and fit perfectly.

More to come in Part 2.
Hope this helps!

Re: Vendor Reviews 10-2-10 Part 1

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the vendor reviews, we are also using Danny Walsh! In regards to the videographer, do you have a website you can send me? Im kind of in the same boat where we haven't budgeted for one but I feel that if we don't have a video that I will regret it.
    Thanks!
  • squirrelly29squirrelly29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Sure, Sean's email is
    pressplaystudios@mac.com

For some reason the website is not working but its

www.LetsPressPlay.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards