Not Engaged Yet
Options

*busts in the door smiling* Hello all!

2»

Re: *busts in the door smiling* Hello all!

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...did someone just say we weren't uppity bitches?!!?

I don't think anyone has ever said that....

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_busts-door-smiling-hello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:68d10c7c-2e7d-4e8b-9109-f0e38cae5801Post:9b5baf6c-5049-4049-b4ee-52b8fd4b2ffb">Re: *busts in the door smiling* Hello all!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oceana, Thank you for the welcome! As I said, I've been here before I knew what to expect coming in and <strong>no one here seems uppity or like bitches to me.</strong> I'm not always happy/bubbly but I try - don't worry my snarkiness will come in time. I think everyone has made valid points and comments and I am thankful no one came in and raked me completely over the coals. :) Everyone have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

I think she did. Maybe because it is (or was for my up north friends) a holiday weekend and we're feeling nice or she isn't a beebee..YAY!

Welcome! Everyone basically has given their opinions and you seem to know what you're getting into (on and off the board) so I just wanted to say hey.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha - definitely NOT a beebee.

Ugh - that will bring out my uppity bitchiness in a hot second. Holiday weekends make everyone a little happier so I'm glad I came into the lions den as we're going into one. ;-)

Thank you both for the welcome again. I am excited to be back on the boards and back to some good ole fashioned online roasting/fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nottheonlydream- You have a PM
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having trouble reconciling your level-headed, sane responses to our posts with moving in with someone after a week and buying a house with them after 3 months (which seems so rash to me).  It makes my brain want to self-destruct...haha.  In any case, welcome. 
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!

I respect the way you're owning your decisions. I think you're doing unconventional in the best possible way - eyes open, taking responsibility for yourself, and thinking hard about the implications. Kudos. Look forward to getting to know you better and having a new interesting perspective on the board. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Noelle,

I'm not sure how to wrap your mind around it. LOL. I'm usually a pretty level headed person and I don't have a reason to freak out about people's thoughts on my relationship. That is childish and precisely what I aim to stay away from. I am a confusing person (as I've been told 1000 times) and not all my decisions make sense to the average reader. I think I'm just in tune with gut instinct now and I feel positive. As long as it stays that way, then I will stay in my blissful happy world. LOL. We certainly aren't perfect but perfection is boring anyway!

Desertsun- Thank you for your compliments. I like the way you put it and you said it better than I ever could. My mistakes and my decisions are my own and no one else's.... I definitely own that. I spend a lot of time thinking about this and Mike and I spend a lot of time discussing it. We are completely open and honest - he encourages me to talk not the other way around.

I'm looking forward to gaining new perspectives from this board and I'm hoping I'll be able to pipe in somewhere and give my own opinion!

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe I missed that....one of my fav songs!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Laughing glad someone caught that. That is actually my tattoo in the picture with the real piano notes. I designed it myself and that song is how I feel about life daily. Everyone has to be a bit of dreamer sometimes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your head asplode?

(homestarrunner)

I have always felt my mistakes were my own, and no one else's. Goodness knows I've made some DOOZY mistakes, but I always come away from them with an attitude of "Well, now I know... I won't do that again!"

I can't think of anything I regret. I've learned lessons, but that's life.

We sound a little bit alike in that respect. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my god Jeana,

I almost died when you pulled the homestarrunner out! I haven't watched it in years but it used to be my favorite! Haha. I agree with you 100%.... I would still do everything in my life the same way because it got me where I am today and that's happy and in charge of my own life!

I'm glad someone else feels the same :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you guys on the no regrets... I've been through some real sh!t but it's made me who I am and shown me what and who really matter in life!  Everything happens for a reason!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad I could make you laugh between pukes! Hope you feel better!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Cheat! He's my favorite. And Strong Mad, too.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards