September 2012 Weddings

Lunch and a Question

Good morning, Ladies -

I hope you are having a great week!  Today I'm going to Chipotle for lunch with a co-worker.  Chicken burrito bowl here I come!  What are you having? 

I just booked a cabin for a weekend in June, so that FI and I can get away and have a relaxing weekend to ourselves, with no OT work, wedding plan, or my daughter.  I'm so excited!!    Are any of you ladies planning any down time or fun times this summer before the wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lunch and a Question

• I just ate a pear and I'm going to have cereal in a few. I need to eat light today because I REALLY overdid it yesterday.

We actually have a pretty action packed summer, so we are trying to find a few days where just the two of us can get away. We might go up to his parent's house in CT for a few days, then spend a few days in Rhode Island at the beach, and a few days in Boston (never been there!). We will need to see how this plays out though. I also have some free air miles, but we are saving them for a trip to Aruba during Christmas :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Lunch is free pizza at the union meeting (we go for the pizza :-)  No big plans to get away yet, but FI did want to do something for our birthdays, whether a night or two away or something else.  We do have to finish our SCUBA certification open water dives, so I think we will be staying overnight in the area of the lake we go too, so that will be fun.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • That sounds yummy!  I am having leftover "healthy" mac and cheese.  That cabin idea sounds fantastic!  My FI's parents have a cabin and I would love to spend a summer weekend up there with him alone...problem is his parents just bought the place in December and have literally been going up there EVERY weekend.  We can't have a weekend alone!  What is more annoying is they keep wanting FI to go up there to help them with house projects like staining the deck and washing the house off.   It's annoying because we have our own home to take care of and FI has been putting off projects to help them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee0b3516-3ba6-4401-b1c4-b526073bbfafPost:cc6ed54e-da7e-48b2-a394-f1e4d0e335e0">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds yummy!  I am having leftover "healthy" mac and cheese.  That cabin idea sounds fantastic!  My FI's parents have a cabin and I would love to spend a summer weekend up there with him alone...problem is his parents just bought the place in December and have literally been going up there EVERY weekend.  We can't have a weekend alone!  What is more annoying is they keep wanting FI to go up there to help them with house projects like staining the deck and washing the house off.   It's annoying because we have our own home to take care of and FI has been putting off projects to help them!
    Posted by Katiesue04[/QUOTE]

That is annoying!  Maybe you could make a deal with them.  One weekend alone at the cabin, but you'll tackle one project while your there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well we are at our cottage every weekend so that's good down time - it's really the only place I truly relax.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lunch will probably be a salad from the yummy place in the hospital.

We actually go away a lot over the summer. My family has a summer cottage in CT and he has family with homes on the Eastern Shore and in WV. We also go camping a few times each summer.

So far the plans are to go camping at a place farther than usual Memorial Day weekend and to my family's cottage for the 4th. The trips to his families' houses and regular camping trips are usually last minute decisions. We may actually go to WV this weekend but I doubt it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'll be having a grilled chicken subway sandwich with southwest chipolte sauce and veggies. 
    We have only one weekend away planned and its at the campsite we are having the wedding so that we can do some planning/ decor design with the florist, photographer and church. We have set aside a lot of time for the beach and relaxing, so it will still be fun. 
  • Not sure what's for lunch today...Fiance's getting off work early so I figured I'd wait for him.

I'm going on a girls trip to Rocky Point, Mexico in June for 6 days and I'm so excited! I was worried about not having enough PTO time to take off in June and again in September for the wedding, but one of my two bosses invited me and promised I wouldn't have to worry about my time off.
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • DreamCLG7DreamCLG7 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    i just finished up a turkey sandwhich and veggie soup.

we have one vacation planned - we're going to the OBX for a week, the first week of July. we actually planned it before we decided that we were going to get married this sept. I am a little annoyed we committed to it, because we have so much to do. And of course the expense. But I do think it will be a lot of fun when we're actually there. We had a blast last time.

We also have a weekend planned in June to go camping in Ontario.  

Our summer is going to be so jam-packed, I'm pretty sure it's just going to fly by...
  • i made extra stir fry last night so i brought it for lunch. basically just vegetables + tofu in a peanuty sauce.

i was sort of thinking of doing something for our dating anniversary (july 7th) which will be one year since we got engaged. i'd love to really surprise him with something since he gave me such a surprise last year (the ring!), but i'm not really sure what right now. we haven't talked about it yet at all. we used to go on little weekend trips around that time up to wisconsin or something, but we didn't last year because we bought our house.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Lunch was a shake (damn stomach) and an apple with some peanut butter for dipping ;)

My MOH has a cottage that we always relax at in the summer.  The goal is to make it there a few times.  Otherwise, FI is busiest at work in the summer and we live right by the beach so just being home is relaxing :)
  • CowgirlK39CowgirlK39 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I had a taco for lunch. I didn't want such a damn big one but the cafeteria lady said it was the same price no matter how much she put in it. Ugh.

We aren't going anywhere... quite the opposite... FI now works full time at the local racetrack and racing season is just starting. So there will literally be some days when we will go all day without seeing each other. I was just informed I have to work Saturday AMs at the farm, so I will be getting up at 3am to go to work every Sat. So instead of vacations, we get even more work hours. We are going to my cousin's wedding in June, but its only a few hours away and it's really not our style so I'm going to call that an obligation and not a vacation.
  • I went to Manhatten Bagel for lunch - they have more than breakfast sandwiches now!

I only have two vacation days that I am not using for the wedding/honeymoon/two other weddings I'm in, so I hope that we can maybe do a long weekend but I also may just save those days in case something else comes up.  We fortunately live pretty close to the Delaware and New Jersey beaches so we will at least get in a couple of weekend trips but it will always be staying with friends and family.
  • Had a jr, burger from wendy's for lunch.
    Hubby and I will be doing a long weekend away some where for our anniversary at the end of the month. Nothing big as we have this big wedding thing we have to do thiis September...LMAO!!!
    Tongue Out
  • I work nights so I slept through lunch today but had porkchops, rice, and veggies for dinner.

We don't have any vacation this summer but we are going ATVing this weekend. i can't wait. My parents are watching Lily. It will be nice to not think about the wedding and houses this weekend.
    Wedding1_zps3487cad4 wedding10_zps74fded34
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee0b3516-3ba6-4401-b1c4-b526073bbfafPost:1ffb3a24-102f-48aa-a214-4189d48989b5">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work nights so I slept through lunch today but had porkchops, rice, and veggies for dinner. We don't have any vacation this summer but we are going ATVing this weekend. i can't wait. My parents are watching Lily. It will be nice to not think about the wedding and houses this weekend.
    Posted by danigirl7181[/QUOTE]

Oooo!!!! What do you ride?? I bought a 2011 Can-Am 250 DS recently and was on it a ton, and the past few weeks I have been so busy I havent had time to even run it. Maybe I will go out for a ride this weekend since you gave me that idea :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_lunch-and-a-question-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee0b3516-3ba6-4401-b1c4-b526073bbfafPost:138a18cc-e883-4462-95f8-fc603a6d5f9e">Re: Lunch and a Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lunch and a Question : Oooo!!!! What do you ride?? I bought a 2011 Can-Am 250 DS recently and was on it a ton, and the past few weeks I have been so busy I havent had time to even run it. Maybe I will go out for a ride this weekend since you gave me that idea :)
    Posted by CowgirlK39[/QUOTE]

This will be my first time going up north and riding by myself. I am riding FBILs ATV, not sure what kind it is, it might be an Artic Cat. FI has a really old Artic Cat (it's manuel), last time we went up north the wheel fell off and passed us. It has a tendency to do that. So thankfully we will also have FBILs. It is much newer and more reliable. I really hope there is mud too.
    Wedding1_zps3487cad4 wedding10_zps74fded34
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards