Texas-Austin

engagement pictures HELP!!!

We need a place somewhere in or near Austin to take our pictures. We wanted to find a place with a dock near water and take pics fishing, but we don't know of a place. We want something outdoors (our photographer perfers). Any ideas? We are open to any suggestions, even if its not by water. We take our pictures October 15th. Thanks girls!!

XOXO
Rachel

Re: engagement pictures HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    What about Zilker park?

We have a small pond near where we live in North Austin (Wells Branch) that has a fishing pier-it was where we were originally going to have our wedding-It's a pretty simple little place but pretty.
  • SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your photographer not have any suggestions. They should be able to guide you in a direction of a few locations. I think the only challenge is the water levels at most places. Water is really low this time of year. You could go to town lake? They just don't have a dock.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_engagement-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:2f1492f3-d218-485c-a823-c533161305a2Post:e49af23c-201d-4fc3-a61e-071a72335ec4">Re: engagement pictures HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Does your photographer not have any suggestions. They should be able to guide you in a direction of a few locations.</strong> I think the only challenge is the water levels at most places. Water is really low this time of year. You could go to town lake? They just don't have a dock.
    Posted by Seanchrys[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised on this one too. My FI & I are using Peary Photography for our engagement pics (& probably wedding too) and Allie gave me a whole list of places yesterday on where to go.

So, here were her suggestions:
    <strong>Downtown</strong> - between 1st and 3rd around the Lavaca and Congress. Lots of great street scenes, walls, limestone, architecture, tall fountains, grass and a little bit of Town Lake / walk bridge.
    <strong>360 Pennybacker Bridge</strong> - Nice, iconic location.
    <strong>Mt. Bonnell</strong> - Limited locations but dramatic lake backgrounds.
    <strong>Mayfield Park</strong> - Close to Mt Bonnell - Some nice structures, pond.
    <strong>South Congress Ave</strong> - Great colorful / graffitti walls / street scenes / allyways.
    <strong>UT Campus</strong> - Littlefield Fountain - UT Tower - big trees, wide sidewalks, arched walls.
    <strong>Zilker Botanical Gardens</strong> - cost $50.00 fee. Trees, ponds, grass, waterfall, trails.
    <strong>The Long Center</strong> - Modern big walls, semi circle structure, Austin Skyline background, small pond.
    <strong>Austin Postcard</strong> - Annie @ 1st street near Jovita's.
    <strong>Laguna Gloria</strong> (<a href="http://www.amoa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=fac_laguna" target="_blank">http://www.amoa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=fac_laguna</a>) $50 extra fee

More ideas: Wineries, places that are of interest to you two, Lamberts bar, Capitol, and the list continues..

HTH!
  • Gabby0819Gabby0819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try the 360 bridge and I think parts of laguna gloria have water also.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards