Wyoming

Jackson venue shopping!

Got our hotel room for 2 nights, and going to check out places in Jackson including the 4 most affordable places for a reception.

Phil Baux Park (for a welcome party)
Wort Hotel for a reception
Calicos deck for a regular dinner
Snake River Lodge for a recpetion
Teton Mountain Lodge for a reception
Dornans for a reception
Boathouse for a ceremony spot (across from Menor's Ferry?)
Schwabacher's Landing for a ceremony spot

Very excited!

Re: Jackson venue shopping!

• edited December 2011
    All great ideas! Good luck and let us know how it goes! When are you visiting?
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be there 10/21 and stay for two nights.  Looks like the weather will be clear!  We're going to do some engagement shots ourselves for our STD cards.
  • edited December 2011
    Duh, 'cause you said next weekend. I'm sharp, really.

We did our own engagement shots as well - out by the historic barns on Mormon row. The fall colors are freaking amazing right now, I'm glad you'll have good weather for your visit!
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Dawn, you're probably the only one reading this!  What a gorgeous weekend!  The park was so empty too! 

We visited four potential places for a reception and a few places for a ceremony. 

The Wort Hotel was not us at all.  The event rooms were kind of small.  We also decided not to have it in town because summer would be too insane.

Snake River Lodge's Apres Vous room and deck was a much nicer space than I thought.  However, it faced the parking lot and the mountain views were far off in the distance.  It was nicer than I had expected and would be a lovely place, but not quite us.  The wedding packages were a good deal too.

Teton Mountain Lodge was our #2 choice.  I liked it better than SRL and Wort.  The cocktail hour would be out on a terrace (a place between two hotels), the bar would be in the common area, and the Teton Room would be for the dinner/dancing.  It had two flanking fireplaces and was a nice sized room.  Seemed like more space to use between the terrace, common area, and reception room.  They would even drop the $55/pp buffet price if we removed the desserts and brought in our own cake (at no cost).  It had a sweet roof top lounge area.

Dornan's was the best for us.  Once we saw the views of the Tetons again, we knew the other places wouldn't cut it.  Dawn G., the wedding coordinator, definitely had more experience than the other event ladies (the rest were pretty young).  I love that the cabins to rent were right there (they were very nice and cheaper and fully equipped kitchens).  The wedding could be within walking distance on the ferry dock or in the courtyard of the cabins.  It does face the parking lot, but the views are so distracting and the pavilion is set off a bit, that I think it will be fine.  Plus if we move the ceremony to somewhere more private I will be happy.  It was all boarded up so not much to show really.

Then a shot of us at Lower Schwabacher's Landing for our Save the Date!

• edited December 2011
    Oh yay! I was just logging in to see how it went for you. The weather was amazing this weekend, you really lucked out for this time of year. I'm glad you posted pics and your thoughts for all of them, hopefully they will help other people too (if we're not the only ones around here...lol). Glad you made such great progress!
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was so nervous going into the first one, but then it was kind of fun and FI had fun too.  It was all very exciting!  We had a date reserved at Dornan's, but there weren't any cabins available, so I'm trying to find a new date that has more cabin availability.  You'd think the two places would be able to look up each other's schedules, but they can't!

I found such little info on TML and SRL in my searches, I hope this does help someone out there.
  • kboyer84kboyer84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun stuff!  Just wanted to say hey and I'm happy for you in making progress!  Probably feels pretty good!

I was in Jackson back in September planning our wedding, and, man, I forgot how much I love that place!  Totally can't wait to get married in such a jawdropping setting...

I stopped by Dornan's while I was there because we were considering it for our rehearsal dinner.  The views there are AWESOME & you really can't beat the convenience of having your reception within walking distance of the guest rooms!  Good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning a wedding in WY ans just now starting......doing this from Mississippi! I am, having trouble finding a place and need some advice.......

Thanks,
    Camille
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Camille - welcome to the board! There are lots of great pictures and reviews on this board if you look around a bit. If you're interested in a specific place and have questions, do ask. There are not a lot of people on this board, but we try to help!

Do you want to get married indoors or outside? What time of year? How many guests? Do you want reception and ceremony at the same location?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards