California-Northern

Hi :) Sort of new, need some ideas

My fiance and I are having a little trouble. He is living in washington right now, but will be moving down here soon. Before our wedding. My problem is that his family is there, my family is here in CA. With everyone on the guess list we have 51 people. My family/friends make up 34 of that. Not very many (if any at all) of his family can travel (most have very small children and/or are elderly). 

I need some ideas for a venue that will work with us, even though we have such a small guest list. I live North of Sacramento, so any venues around here that you may have heard of, or have used that allow smaller weddings (and receptions) that you could tell me about would be great.

I have looked into a few already, and one place said they can't work with us because their venue is too large for such a small group & another has packages for a ceremony, but not reception (as our group is too small).
Am I really going to have to find a way to extend my guest list (and pay for those extra guests) or is there a venue that will work with us?

Any & all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Hi :) Sort of new, need some ideas

• olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was going to scale my wedding back to much smaller, I looked into Mulvaney's and they said they would have been able to accommodate our small party. However, we went back to our original guest list and decided on a different venue. Give them a call and see if they are available for your date.

http://www.mulvaneysbl.com/

You could also look into community centers with the smaller rooms or hotels with the smaller banquet rooms?

There is also the Pagoda Bldg downtown in Old China Town that you could rent:
    http://www.pagodaevents.com/sacramento-hall-rentals/plaza-level
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is. But check out the Monte Verde Inn in Foresthill. It is a beautiful Inn and has a lovely ceremony site outside. It would be great for an intimate wedding but I have had a party there with about 100 ppl no problem.  It is nice a secluded spot. very romantic. good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Victorian Rose of Biggs but it is about 1 hour North of Sac.  You could feed everyone, have cake, tables, linens, flowers, reception, ceremony, chairs..pretty much everything you need for under 3k.

It is a beautiful outdoor garden venue..I am getting married there next Saturday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards