South Carolina

Greenville/Clemson Engagement Photos

Hi Ladies! So, my wedding is Charlotte, NC but I am currently attending Clemson, as is my fiance. Since the university has been such a big part of our lives and the last 5 years of our relationship, we really want to have our engagement pictures taken here at Clemson. I am about to book my photographer for the wedding in NC, but he will be unable to come to Clemson to do the engagement session b/c he only does photography part-time and has to work during the week. SO.... my question is do you have any suggestions for photographers for an engagement session here in the upstate? I don't want to spend anymore than about $400 (the less the better though) and I want to have the rights to our pics.

Has anybody worked with SposaBella, Hamlett, or Christine LeGrand? (These are a few I found while googling)

THANKS!

Re: Greenville/Clemson Engagement Photos

• cutigermikecutigermike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Amy Wood from Elev8studios
    She does amazing work! I think she is around 300 to 350.
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Krista Sutherland. She did our engagement pics which turned out great. She is very easy going and has a great personality. Her prices are very reasonable and she travels anywhere in the Upstate so Clemson will be included. Her price is only $149. Check her out! Tell her Brandy Moton referred you.
    http://www.sutherlandhillfarmsphotography.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SposaBella is very expensive.   Good luck with your choice.  Carol Barnes from Barefoot Diva did our engagement photos. She is in the Myrtle Beach area, she does not have a problem with traveling. She has family that lives in the upstate and she will be more than happy to help you.  www.barefoot-diva.com
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • luschyluschy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Karen Premo of Premo Photography but she also has a group of great friends in professional wedding photography that could also be helpful including Fort Mill Photography.  Karen is in Fort Mill on Gold Hill Rd. just off I-77.
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out Judy Kay Bryan..she's in Saluda and and has done lots of e-sessions at Clemson.

www.photosbyjkay.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Rebecca Steadings Perkins..... I'm not sure her prices, but it can't be expensive because her wedding fee definitely isn't. She lives in Pendleton and grew up in the area so she knows all the good spots.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

REBECCA PERKINS!

WWW.REBECCAPERKINSPHOTOGRAPHY.COM
    www.rebeccaperkinsphotoblog.com

She is amazing... and I believe her engagement fee is only 250 for a sitting (not including prints or CD) so that would fall right in your budget im pretty sure. She is doing our whole shibang- she did our engagement pics, doing my bridal portraits, and our wedding. I cant stop singing her praises.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ttrovinttrovin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies - this really helps! I'm going to get in touch with the people ya'll mentioned.

EDIT: I looked at Rebecca Perkins after a few of you suggested her, and I think she is my "top contender." After looking at her stuff on FB, I realized a TON of my friends used her and her photos around campus are gorgeous. Definitely contacting her ASAP! Thanks again ladies 
  • edited December 2011
    If you haven't decided on a photographer yet, Lauren Miller Photography is AMAZING, and her prices are unbelievable.  She did my engagement pictures and they were better than I could ever have imagined.  (She is also a Clemson grad herself!)
    laurenmillerphotography@gmail.com
  • lilredz326lilredz326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SposaBella is AMAZING...we used them and we wouldn't take it back for anything...I adjusted our budget in other areas.  We got married in June and I don't regret spending a lot on them.  they truly made our day very special, they were personable and our guests absolutely loved them.  People say they have never seen photographers that are that awesome before.  They are worth every penny.  We also shaved some things out of our package so that we could afford them. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I am a photographer in Greenville and would gladly do pictures in Clemson (The best place on earth!) I will do an engagement session in Clemson for $250 with all rights to the images. Email me at laurenmillerphotography@gmail.com or visit my website www.laurenmillerphotography.com to contact me if you want to set up a session!

Thanks!
    Lauren
    Lauren Miller Photography www.laurenmillerphotography.com laurenmillerphotography@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards