Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Indie wedding song

Hi girls!

My FI and I really enjoy indie/folk music (ex-regina spektor, Ingrid Michaelson) and were hoping to find a wedding song by these artists or anyone in the indie/folk genre. We really loveee Regina Spektor but the songs I know of are either to up tempo or not appropriate for a wedding song.  I was wondering if you girls had any ideas. Thanks!! xoxo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Indie wedding song

• edited December 2011
    love love ingrid michaelson! since you want to stay away from uptempo regina spektor, i assume the same for ingrid? because i love "the way i am"..i think it would make such a perfect, cute wedding song!

i would also recommend checking out this amazing singer-songwriter aslyn. she's incredible - vocally, lyrically and i love all of her songs. you should absolutely check out are "that's when i love you" -- if i hadn't had my song picked for years, this would have been it.

another amazing folky singer-songwrite is tyrone wells. everything about his music is gorgeous. listen to "sea breeze" and "enough"

also, green river ordinance - "endlessly"...a BEAUTIFUL song that was written for one of the members' friends' wedding.

i could go on for days about others (i listen to A LOT of non-mainstream musicians, :)) but i don't want to take up too much space..haha. but please do check these out! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think you just saved the day! Haha! Thahks a million. We will check those out! :) Best of luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    no problem! hope these helped or at least gave you some ideas!! good luck!!! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fadingdawn20fadingdawn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kmleon, i LOVE all the music you just listed. i would love for you to suggest some more artists/songs just so i can look them up and put them in my collection. you have a similar taste in music to me!
    time has brought your heart to me
    i have loved you for a thousand years
    i'll love you for a thousand more
    photo liam2months_zps809ccc3e.jpg
    Liam Edward || 12/12/12 || 7lbs7oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

dawn, no problem! i love sharing my musical finds with others.. :)

similar to those i listed, you should check out stephen kellogg & the sixers (my personal favorites!) we're using "diamond" as our song. :)

-will hoge: "babygirl"
    -wideawake: "so simple"
    -emerson hart: "when she loves you"
    -hanson (yes, the mmmbop brothers. lol. they've made some AMAAAAZING music since 1997!): "deeper"
    -matt nathanson: "wedding dress"

these are some lovey/weddingy songs but i would check out so much more from all of them!

enjoy~! :)

-kristine

-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great song suggestions! I have a few of those on my list of possibles, too! 

I am thinking about using Ingrid Michaelson's version of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" for either the BP processional or my processional if my DJ can't get a clean instrumental copy of "Keep Breathing" (I just love that piano intro so much). Every time I hear either of these songs I freakin lose it crying like a weirdo. Ugh! 

Other songs on my list: 
    Meaghan Smith "I Know"
    Meiko "How Lucky We Are"
    Rachael Yamagata "Be Be Your Love"
    The Fray "Look After You"
    Regina Spektor "Real Love" (John Lennon cover)

Good luck!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    These suggestions are great! Would love to see more!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Thank you all soo much! My FI and I are finally sitting down now to listen to all of your great suggestions! We really appreciate it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Bump, need to get this thread back up and running!! Love all the suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards