Wedding Etiquette Forum

Kiki- I'm sorry

Re: Kiki- I'm sorry

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:773dbd6b-5c37-499b-b37e-d1f6b6a223e7">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh yeah.  All you young bitches in here can suck it.  I'll be 31 in about 3 weeks and H will be 36. ETA:  He's Asian so he'll look eternally 12.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

You're making me feel like an ancient 34! lol  

And btw - I love your Grinch :)
  • Awww, LVB, I love you.  I just need to remember to take you to a UK game and not to a library. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I don't really get carded anymore. Oliver looks way over 30, so when I'm with him they usually don't bother. Frown
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I get ID'd lots.  Always for cigarettes andd 70% of time for booze.  When I served I found the people who were the biggest asses about it were the ones who were young.  LIke just turned 18. 

The 25+ year olds liked it :)

I am a loud person too LVB.  It's okay. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm really good in libraries! I get annoyed with other loud people there, so I try not to talk much ;)
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:dcfbf201-6bb2-48b0-b299-debc23bcf63c">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kiki- I'm sorry : Mine's the 10th! Ah.. this makes so much sense Kiki; this is why we're both bitches! lol That was way mean of your mom.  I haven't been carded in ages. Yay Europe!
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Mine's the 11th, and I'll be an ancient 33.
  • I'm 32 and I'm pretty sure that makes me old enough to send half of you to your rooms to think about what you've done.
  • I get carded most of the time.  I get mad sometimes when I do because I'm like seriously, I'm 27 and don't think I look under 21 at all.  But then when I don't get carded I give the person the stink eye for the rest of the transaction.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You know what was really hard LVB? WORKING in a Library.  Oh. Man.
  • FI looks young, I just AM young. Most people have guessed there's like a 3 year age difference between the two of us, because he really doesn't look like he's 32.
  • Manda, you just made me realize that we are LITERALLY old enough to be Any's mom.  I mean, we'd have given birth very young, but technically... holy crap. 

• kiki I don't wanna think about it that way!! I would feel guilty about giving her booze!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:386fe827-866d-4de8-a395-d839a66b1c1a">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Manda, you just made me realize that we are LITERALLY old enough to be Any's mom.  I mean, we'd have given birth very young, but technically... holy crap. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me that, you guys are the same age as FI and the last thing I want him associated with is my father =P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:2d38b904-b664-478d-b05f-a0d37d6c2332">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get carded most of the time.  I get mad sometimes when I do because I'm like seriously, I'm 27 and don't think I look under 21 at all.  But then when I don't get carded I give the person the stink eye for the rest of the transaction.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

A 18 months ago I was in Boston and not only did they card me, they refused to except my VI driver's license.     I was 2 months from turning 40 years old.  I do not look my age, but I certainly look old enough not to have to bother with a fake ID anymore.  I (still am) pissed about that.  Not sure I would go back to Boston because of it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Mica, didn't you say that you're Asian in another thread?  I think that makes it okay for you to be over 30.  :D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:bcf5943f-e5d0-4ab0-be90-136fb3ffe54e">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kiki- I'm sorry : <strong>A 18 months ago I was in Boston and not only did they card me, they refused to except my VI driver's license.     I was 2 months from turning 40 years old.  I do not look my age, but I certainly look old enough not to have to bother with a fake ID anymore.  I (still am) pissed about that.  Not sure I would go back to Boston because of it.
    </strong>Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's the rule everywhere, but I <em>think</em>  in MA they are not allowed to accept even an out-of-state ID. Some friends of mine own a liquor store, and they don't take them - I want to say it was something about not being able to scan them...but I could be wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:bcf5943f-e5d0-4ab0-be90-136fb3ffe54e">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kiki- I'm sorry : A 18 months ago I was in Boston and not only did they card me, they refused to except my VI driver's license.     I was 2 months from turning 40 years old.  I do not look my age, but I certainly look old enough not to have to bother with a fake ID anymore.  I (still am) pissed about that.  Not sure I would go back to Boston because of it.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I'm not 40, but I had the same thing happen to me at the grocery store here when I still had a Missouri license.  And one of my college friends actually had a bar confiscate his out-of-state license cause they insisted it was fake.  Usually if you tell jerks to call the police, they finally believe that you're not faking it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kiki- I'm sorry : A 18 months ago I was in Boston and not only did they card me, they refused to except my VI driver's license.     I was 2 months from turning 40 years old.  I do not look my age, but I certainly look old enough not to have to bother with a fake ID anymore.  I (still am) pissed about that.  Not sure I would go back to Boston because of it.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I know in NY which is where I'm from certain places won't accept out of state licenses.  H said with the military ID though it doesn't matter, but I still kept my NY license and have it in my wallet JIC. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Evidence of my H not looking 35 (or 36)

• I am 31.  (and a half :)).
    I had a harder time with 31 than 30 for some reason.  I am not sure why.
  • I turned 30 in Mexico, so I'm pretty sure it didn't count.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • But how do visitors buy a beer in those states then? That's ridiculous.
  • Yeah, he looks like a baby, Snips.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:bb269baa-fe84-4dc9-a2c4-99888eb8f857">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]But how do visitors buy a beer in those states then? That's ridiculous.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Certain places will allow it.  But my friend who had moved to Florida always has a hard time buying anything when she comes home to visit.  It's a giant PITA.  Bars usually are fine with it, it's when you go to buy it at the stores.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:bb269baa-fe84-4dc9-a2c4-99888eb8f857">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]But how do visitors buy a beer in those states then? That's ridiculous.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

exactly..

It would be one thing if I was in my 20's... but 2 months from turning 40.. come on.

I've never had a problem anywhere else, but I do carry my passport card just in case.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Right Kiki?  It's annoying.  Damn Asian genes!!
  • Bubb, I haven't any grey hair, but I've got some wrinkles on my forehead. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kiki-im-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d6c853e9-19f7-446d-8194-e1b9e0426492Post:3027021d-07d5-480f-beed-0c46399b1dff">Re: Kiki- I'm sorry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kiki- I'm sorry : I turned 30 in Vegas, too, so I'm also 29!  YES!!!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    Soooo I turned 30 in Stockholm.  Does that work for being 29 forever?
  • I got my first grey hair when I was 16. 16! Stupid genes.  I'm definitely blaming my mom for that one.
  • I turn 30 next year.  But I will be turning 30 in Cancun, with one of my near-besties and her husband and my Noodle, and she'll be turning 31 with me 'cause our birthdays are on the same day just one year apart.  So we will drown our old lady sorrows in frozen drinks on a beach.  Or maybe getting massages at the spa.  Either way, it's going to be the best birthday EVAR.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards