New Jersey

Ranking Florists

Hi everyone,

I recently met with Connie Reimer and Contemporary Floral and they don't seem to be able to provide our needs with the right cost. Now we're in a crunch to find the right florist. Our budget is $2500 max with zero wiggle room and this needs to include flower delivery and tax. We need 17 tall centerpieces (little candles on the table wouldn't hurt), bride bouquets, 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, church aisle (alter flowers not necessary), and parents.  We primarily want red roses but with other things mixed in to keep cost down. Is this doable with the florists below? Please include what kind of flowers were include in your centerpieces. I've searched some old posts but wanted to get some fresh reviews and experiences. The florists recommended half high and half low to keep cost down but I have mixed feelings on this since people sitting at the low centerpiece tables may feel like its the cheap seats and our venue has 25ft ceilings.Thanks!

1. Santos Florist
2. AW Florist
3. Avenue Florist
4. SK Floral Expressions

Re: Ranking Florists

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have an answer to your question, but I just sent you a PM!
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it is totally do-able. I used Avenue and paid 800 in total for my bouquet, 7BM bouquets, 2 corsages, 9 boutineers and 4 mini boutineers, flowers for 4 FG baskets (I bought the baskets on my own), and 13 CPs. The Gerber Daisies are very pretty and hearty....and almost any color.  The were still going 2 weeks later, while the roses were dead within a day or 2. Also, to keep the cost down, you may want to buy the vases on your own. I bought ours from Mueller's in Newark. I believe I paid $30ish dollars for 14 vases. I also bought the ribbon from there and the florist used that ribbon.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely with Manny from Santos. I had all tall centerpieces and with all the discounts he provided (being a teacher/paying cash) my bill was under $2k!
  • edited December 2011
    Unfotunately, me and my fiance aren't teachers or firefighters or cops (though everyone says I look like one)...but we do pay cash!! =)

Maddie- What kind of flowers were in your centerpieces?
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW!!! I paid 1500 for so much things, including 10 Very Tall and FULL CP, and 5 low ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ranking-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ec27238e-5492-43bd-8fe1-cc824baca7a0Post:1d563166-f311-4392-8131-7ca7401ecb21">Ranking Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I recently met with Connie Reimer and Contemporary Floral and they don't seem to be able to provide our needs with the right cost. Now we're in a crunch to find the right florist. Our budget is $2500 max with zero wiggle room and this needs to include flower delivery and tax. We need 17 tall centerpieces (little candles on the table wouldn't hurt), bride bouquets, 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, church aisle (alter flowers not necessary), and parents.  We primarily want red roses but with other things mixed in to keep cost down. Is this doable with the florists below? Please include what kind of flowers were include in your centerpieces. I've searched some old posts but wanted to get some fresh reviews and experiences. The florists recommended half high and half low to keep cost down but I have mixed feelings on this since people sitting at the low centerpiece tables may feel like its the cheap seats and our venue has 25ft ceilings.Thanks! 1. Santos Florist 2. AW Florist 3. Avenue Florist 4. SK Floral Expressions
    Posted by Pharo47[/QUOTE]

Hey, I am doing primarily red roses, but without centerpieces.
    I am doing bride bouquet (free toss bouquet), 4 BM bouquets, 7 groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 2 moms, and it is costing me $600.
    I am using Apple Blossom Florist in Scotch Plains... I think it is definitely worth giving her a call.. she was very accomodating to my budget. (I have no idea how much the centerpieces would cost, but considering my flowers are red roses, I think it should be comparable).

A few of my friends used Apple Blossom for their weddings.. I can probably get you some pics of their flowers if you are interested.
  • edited December 2011
    Avenue Florist is amazing!!!  I am doing 12 centerpieces, my bouquet, 6 bm bouquets, 7 bouts, and the chuppah all wayyy under what you're looking at with your budget.  He's amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Philleej- What kind of flowers are you doing for your wedding?

Cindyn - Can you PM with the pictures? Thanks!
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ranking-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ec27238e-5492-43bd-8fe1-cc824baca7a0Post:89a0604c-6df7-453d-94e8-05adfaac4e64">Re: Ranking Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Philleej- What kind of flowers are you doing for your wedding? Cindyn - Can you PM with the pictures? Thanks!

the pics are on FB, so I can get them when I get home today and send them to you..but I don't think I can send them through PM.. can I email them?
  • edited December 2011
    AW definitely!  I can email you some pics of the centerpieces he did for my engagement party.  PM me if you want me to send them to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using AW Flowers. My price included 20 centerpieces, 2 MOH bouquets, 7 BM bouquets, 3 Corsages, 10 bouts, 2 ceremony pieces, and my bridal bouquet. He talked to use about doing pink roses, hydrangeas, and gerbera daisies. The price I was quoted was about $1650-i think that was before delivery. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Santos- all tall centerpieces / about $80 with discount- total paid was under $2k- we were shocked and so happy. I went to about 8 florists before taking Knottie advice and going to Manny at Santos. I was thrilled! I also got church flowers too. My bouquet was beautiful- I wanted Stephanopholis (sorry spelling?) like Ivanka Trump and got it!

• chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ranking-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ec27238e-5492-43bd-8fe1-cc824baca7a0Post:1d563166-f311-4392-8131-7ca7401ecb21">Ranking Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]. The florists recommended half high and half low to keep cost down but I have mixed feelings on this since people sitting at the low centerpiece tables may feel like its the cheap seats and our venue has 25ft ceilings.Thanks! 1. Santos Florist 2. AW Florist 3. Avenue Florist 4. SK Floral Expressions

i went with half high and half low centerpieces and i had a huge ballroom with very high ceilings. i was hesitant about it, but i saw a pic of another wedding at the venue with the half and half and it looked fine. it also looked fine for my wedding too. my mom was worried about people complaining becasue they had low cp at their table, but no one really cared about it
  • edited December 2011
    AW can def. do it for that!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Like some of the other ladies who have posted, I'm using Avenue Flowers and have loved them every step of the way so far.

For under $1000 we're getting 17 low but fat/full CPs (gerbera daisies), 1 bridal bouquet (30 mini calla lilies), 3 BM bouques (roses and gerbera daisies), 8 bouts (roses or mini calla lilies depending on who it is), 2 corsages, and 10 cocktail hour CPs (gerbera daisies).  We're also getting a free toss bouquet, free head table CP, and he's going to decorate our cake free of charge as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards