Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Limo to Marriage License Bureau

Has anyone managed to get their license sorted and back to their hotel in under an hour!? Thinking of using a limo, or is there another way to get there?

Re: Limo to Marriage License Bureau

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used a limo that Caesars provided for me in my package. If you pre- register it takes less then an hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are also using the limo included in our Caesars package for get our marriage license
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_limo-marriage-license-bureau?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1fd528ac-d9e6-4957-8912-0c8674d3090dPost:4c0ce338-0edd-4bdb-91b8-d888d9a7dabf">Limo to Marriage License Bureau</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone managed to get their license sorted and back to their hotel in under an hour!? Thinking of using a limo, or is there another way to get there?
    Posted by Lorita78[/QUOTE]

We're just taking a taxi to the Bureau and the grocery store the day we get in.  A limo for 2 hours would be more than it's worth for us.  Our CP package doesn't include a limo, and getting one from Presidential would be at least $60-70 per hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_limo-marriage-license-bureau?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1fd528ac-d9e6-4957-8912-0c8674d3090dPost:4c0ce338-0edd-4bdb-91b8-d888d9a7dabf">Limo to Marriage License Bureau</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone managed to get their license sorted and back to their hotel in under an hour!? Thinking of using a limo, or is there another way to get there?
    Posted by Lorita78[/QUOTE]

We didn't use the limo to take us to get our license and I immediately regretted it.  If you preregister you will definitely be able to do it in less than an hour.  If I remember correctly we spent $50 roundtrip on the taxi ride to get our license.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_limo-marriage-license-bureau?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1fd528ac-d9e6-4957-8912-0c8674d3090dPost:c1f02770-9a25-471f-92ab-0c6b5715562b">Re: Limo to Marriage License Bureau</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Limo to Marriage License Bureau : We didn't use the limo to take us to get our license and I immediately regretted it.  If you preregister you will definitely be able to do it in less than an hour.  If I remember correctly we spent $50 roundtrip on the taxi ride to get our license.
    Posted by Olivea12[/QUOTE]

Ugh now I'm tempted to get a towncar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I was glad we took the limo, I couldn't imagine driving there and finding a place to park. And it seemed like the taxi prices went up since i was there in 2008. It cost $14 to get from the airport to our timeshare which is very close.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked an escalade  SUV for 3 hours to pick us up for the airport and take us to the bureau, grocery/liquor store, etc.  Thank u ladies once again!!  (FYI: it was $167 total with Presidential but I think it will be well worth it)
  • Options
    kmetzger0389kmetzger0389 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a parking lot within walking distance. We went there on a weeknight around 8 p.m. and we were there 30 minutes. We preregistered online. There were only 2 couples in front of us in line!
    image. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_limo-marriage-license-bureau?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1fd528ac-d9e6-4957-8912-0c8674d3090dPost:e6c65f44-101f-4086-b30c-fdbba0c906ce">Re: Limo to Marriage License Bureau</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a parking lot within walking distance. We went there on a weeknight around 8 p.m. and we were there 30 minutes. We preregistered online. <strong>There were only 2 couples in front of us in line!
    </strong>Posted by kmetzger0389[/QUOTE]

that is awesome! I hope we get that lucky!!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there on a Saturday around lunch time.  There was a long line for the non-preregistered.  We walked in and out because we were preregistered.  Took less than 10 minutes.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We went on a Tuesday later in the evening and walked in and out within 15 minutes, we didn't pre-register either.  Probably depends on the day and staffing too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the limo that was included in our Mandalay Bay package and went around 2 pm on a weekeday.  We did the pre-paperwork online and probably got there and back within an hour. 
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours didn't take long at all, we were there for maybe 10 mins because we pre-registered but those who didn't had to wait a while. We valet parked at the Nugget and walked to the bureau. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_limo-marriage-license-bureau?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1fd528ac-d9e6-4957-8912-0c8674d3090dPost:ec74cb86-33b3-46a3-a484-ff8671f61ac1">Re: Limo to Marriage License Bureau</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours didn't take long at all, we were there for maybe 10 mins because we pre-registered but those who didn't had to wait a while. We valet parked at the Nugget and walked to the bureau. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I thought in my head and from looking at google maps that it was within walking distance of Freemount. Glad to hear that it is as we plan to walk from there!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally within walking distance.  We had our cake tasting and a cabana tour at the GN and then strolled over.  You can park at any of the hotels DT and walk.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh yeah, it'll take just a couple of minutes to walk to there from Freemont. We park at the Nugget because it's already on the same street as the bureau. The time to find parking right by the bureau is probably the time it'll take or less for you to just walk. lol 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you've just given me a great idea! id planned to have a night out in fremont street, and go to the bereau the next morning, but if its within walking distance i can get my license late that night instead!!! Perfect!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We drove straight there from the airport after a long 12 hour flight from London.

We got lost, couldn't figure out where to park, had problems using the pay machine, didnt have any change, and got very bad tempered..! Not the romantic journey I had envisioned. We were both infuriated by the time we finally found the damn place and went up the stairs whilst being harrassed by chapel salespeople.

Luckily we had pre-registered and it did not take long at all to get our licence.

If you can get the limo, GET THE LIMO! Yell
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards