Outdoor Weddings

rain plan???

hello everyone!!!

having a outdoor wedding and reception at my grandparents farm summer 2011.
planning the vows in the middle of a field with a cute arch way and some chairs and the renting a tent for a reception. trying to decide if we should have a second tent on stand by incase of rain or would it be okay to get married in the reception tent if our luck heads south and we get a storm?

Re: rain plan???

• Our back-up plan is to use the reception area in case of rain. I don't find the second tent to be necessary unless you absolutely want two separate locations in case it does rain. It would be an added expense as well.
  • Sounds very similar to my wedding, on my parent's farm (except that we're doing the reception somewhere else).  I don't think there's a problem with doing it in the reception tent, as long as there's enough space.  I'm sure your guests will understand the situation if it comes to that! But good luck with your weather!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My H and I got married outside in November in Pittsburgh. We had no back up plan if it rained. It just wasn't in the budget to pay over $600 for a tent that we may or may not need. I thought about if for about 10 minutes and concluded that everyone will just have to bring an umbrella. Scary I know. I guess I really never wanted to entertain the idea that it was going to rain. Luckily for us it was 67 degrees and sunny. Perfect. Actually, I believe that was the last warm day of the year.

I think having your wedding in the reception tent if it did come to that would be fine. Your guests would definitely understand, and you can make any space beautiful for a ceremony. GL!

• Our back up plan is to move everything to inside the venue. Right now the ceremony and cocktail hour are outside and the reception will be inside, but if it rains everything will end up being inside.

I don't think you should have to spend the money on a 2nd tent. My aunt got married in her backyard and it POURED on her wedding day. We just sat at our tables to watch the ceremony. Everyone understood it was that way because of the inclement weather.
  • thanx ladies!

i think your right, im going to hope for the best but if we do get rain i think everyone will be okay with moving things into the tent.
    we are having a fairly simple wedding and i cant justify the money on a tent we might not even need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards