Snarky Brides
Options

I know there's some cooks about...

So, I have some roasted pork tenderloin in the fridge. I liked it, but H said it was dry and tasteless (I guess he never grew up on proper roast dinners). I didn't find it either... but he won't eat the leftovers if I don't do something with it.

I've probably got maybe two pounds of it. I was thinking of turning it into pulled pork (its pretty tender and think it would work ok), wondering if you folks had any tried and tested recipes (I've never cooked it before).

I have hamburger buns. So, do you serve it just as like a sandwich or do you have side dishes with it also?

<------ American food newbie. :) TY folks!

Re: I know there's some cooks about...

• Options
    Hah, I'm making pork tenderloin tonight, but roasted.

I'd probably just serve it like a sandwich, maybe with some veggies on the side or something. I have no recipes that I've tried before though.
  • Options
    I wish you much better luck with yours than I seemed to have! :)

Haven't seen you about in a while, Any. Hows things?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-theres-some-cooks-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:72420bcf-3f5c-43d7-9c2d-8b3f792f5429Post:746da23f-1025-4ad7-85a1-372b8d415351">Re: I know there's some cooks about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pulled pork sounds good.  I would serve it with maybe coleslaw or corn salad.  Or you can turn it into quesadillas.  Just chop it up and heat with some bell peppers and onions then put between two tortillas and add cheese.  Lots of cheese. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Ooooh. Quesadillas sound nice too...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-theres-some-cooks-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:72420bcf-3f5c-43d7-9c2d-8b3f792f5429Post:5051439d-c5b7-43f8-bc3c-54620bf1b536">Re: I know there's some cooks about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish you much better luck with yours than I seemed to have! :) Haven't seen you about in a while, Any. Hows things?
    Posted by Amt2109[/QUOTE]

Uhm, pretty crap-tastic. I want to start school already so I can get out of this sh*tty ass job. Other than that though, really good, lol.
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    leftover pork tenderloin in our house usually ends up as the same dish every time:

cubed,
    sauteed with mushrooms, onion, and bell peppers in balsamic and white wine,
    served over noodles or rice

(yorkshire puddings make everything tastier)
  • Options
    Any - hope that happens soon for you.

Anna - that sounds lovely.

Thanks for the ideas folks :)
  • Options
    Real Simple has a broccoli slaw that would go with it that we had this week. 
    You could also shredd and add bbq sauce and put in the freezer to eat in a few weeks (when your husbands mind has faded) for a quick dinner on a busy night.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/pulled-pork-sandwiches-00100000074147/index.html

Must be the week for pulled pork sandwiches.  I also second the quesadilla thought.  I had some of them recently when out for bar food, they served it with meat, cheese, peppers, and some hot peppers.  Served with sour cream  It was delish.

• Options
    Broccoli slaw... interesting. I need to get him to eat more veggies, this could help. Thanks ski :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards