New Jersey - South

Photographer suggestions.

I am getting married in Cherry Hill, NJ and looking for a photographer.  Some are really pricey.  Anyone have any suggestions of a really good one, at a reasonable price?  Thanks for all your help..

Re: Photographer suggestions.

• iheartbillydiheartbillyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Marc Anthony Photography. Marc is really a great guy and does phenomenal work. His prices are really low and what I love is that he doesn't charge extra for enlargements. So if I want a 16x20 print off of my disc of photos it will cost around $16 not $150 like most photographers charges. He's really fair. His website is [url]www.marcanthonyphoto.com[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    I was very interested in Marc Anthony, but unfortunately he is already booked for my day.  His prices were very reasonable and he was so nice on the phone. I was pretty bummed he was booked.
  • edited December 2011
    my photographer is Tina McKendry -Yocum. She does tri-state . Im getting my wedding package for 700.00. She is taking 300 wedding pictures, 6 hours of coverage. Giving me all the rights to my picture and putting all the pictures on the cd , she is making my wedding album and picture albums for the parents and what not .She is really reasonable and will work with your budget and everything. I can give you her number its 609 320 7937. She is a sweetheart. -Shakima
  • edited December 2011
    What is your wedding date? I orginally looked into Marc Anthony as well and my date was booked.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding date is 10/23/2010.  At first I thought that all I needed to do is book the reception venue and the church before the new year and I would be good, but it looks like I need to act quicker on other things too.  So much to do..
  • l.simpsonl.simpson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  I think that may help some people with recs for you.   I really loved my photographer- here is website if you want to check her out: http://kathryncroskey.com
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Here's a link to a very inexpensive photographer that I will be using: [url]www.betterimagephoto.net [/url]
  • edited December 2011
    Julie Diebold is amazing! She did an amazing job on our pictures! And her prices are great! Her website is www.photographybyjulia.com HTH!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Try to not get stressed over it. A lot of people may be booking things early to lock into the 2009 prices. Some vendors raise their prices each year. What I would say is even if a photog is a little over your budget it can't hurt to contact them. Our photog was over ours but he was willing to customize a package to work with us. If a photog has not gotten a lot of inquires for your date they may be willing to work something out. Here is who we are using. We had our engagement sessions with him last month and cannot say enough good things about him. http://www.alimariophoto.com
  • saralansaralan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love our photog - Dave Humphreys.  His site is www.dhumphreys.com.  We're paying for everything and therefore on a tight budget.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jean and Steve Photography and their office is right in Cherry Hill on Church Rd.  We just did late e-pics with him and his wife and we had a blast! Their personalities are great and so are their wedding packages! Good luck! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using rich lavigne. i think he's based around Cherry Hill and I thought his prices were pretty reasonable...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dianalaurendianalauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris,i used Bob Lorusso  lorussostudios.comHe's amazing and WONDERFUL to work with.  He was also way more reasonable then others I looked at!
  • edited December 2011
    try matthew douglas photography he is right in central jersey, and he is reasonable and nice to work with. www.mdgphotography.com Stef
  • edited December 2011
    My sister used Images Photography out of Williamstown.  I think they were pretty reasonable and she got a lot included in her package.
    imageAnniversary
  • lingdesignslingdesigns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know about Studio Blue? Apparently they're owned by Bella Pictures? They have REALLY good pricing and online, the portfolio looks great. however, you don't get to actually meet anyone in person. You put a deposit down and fill out an online survey which determines your style. then 3 months before your wedding, they match you up with someone and you get to read the photographer's bio and look at more pictures from his/her portfolio. That makes me a little nervous. And I haven't seen any reviews about them online.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:10497838Post:f12245fe-5620-41e4-9ecd-714c479b0975">Re: Photographer suggestions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know about Studio Blue? Apparently they're owned by Bella Pictures? They have REALLY good pricing and online, the portfolio looks great. however, you don't get to actually meet anyone in person. [/QUOTE]

I've never heard of them, but Bella has a pretty bad reputation across all of the boards.  Not to mention once they get your phone number (somehow, anyhow) they will harass the ever living crap out of you.

I wouldn't recommend our wedding photog to the neighbor's dog, but my TTD photog was awesome.  <a href="http://www.mirkaphotographics.com/">www.mirkaphotographics.com</a> 
  • edited December 2011
    We booked David Humphreys as well for our Sept 2010 wedding.  We met him and booked him a few weeks ago.  You can go to his website to see the proofs from recent weddings...www.dhumphreys.com. His packages are very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:10497838Post:a68615ca-6f1d-423d-877b-aa1ef9ea72b8">Re: Photographer suggestions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photographer suggestions. : I've never heard of them, but Bella has a pretty bad reputation across all of the boards.  Not to mention once they get your phone number (somehow, anyhow) they will harass the ever living crap out of you.<strong> I wouldn't recommend our wedding photog to the neighbor's dog,</strong> but my TTD photog was awesome.  <a href="http://www.mirkaphotographics.com" rel="nofollow">www.mirkaphotographics.com</a>  
    Posted by KristylovesBriley[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha!  that is funny!  we used Spark and were very pleased.
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't Bella Pictures by Bob Davis, the celebrity photographer. I assume Bella should not be bad. Anway, if you're looking for reasonable price, beautiful wedding photos, and good service, take a look at http://www.1314studio.com . They're newcomers and they have what you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards