New York-Western
Options

officiant price?

I have no idea how much to give to the minister who is doing our ceremony.  The other boards say this kind of depends on region, so what do you all think?

Re: officiant price?

• Options
    jeneric10jeneric10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours told us right from the start that it was $100, but i don't know if we are supposed to tip him on top of that or what??
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is usually some fee that is a set amount. I think mine is $250 and $50 for the cleaning of the church. I was going to give another donation to the church as well, but that is not necessary.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our church had a form for our ceremony that we filled out with the priest, and it says the total is $300 for the ceremony.  $100 goes to the priest, $100 to the Parish, and $100 to the organist.  Since we aren't using the organist we give $200 to the parish.  I don't think a tip is expected for them. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ours was a set price of $150. Then the oganist and lady that runs the rehearsal had a fee too. They also wanted us to give $10 for each later boy. It seems like those rates are pretty standard!
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards