New Mexico

Catholic Chapel

Hello,
I'm not getting married until next year, but I was wondernig if any of you know a nice catholic chapel, either in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, or Glorieta that is decently priced and has room for about 300 people. Ive been looking around and I've found a couple of places but I was aiming for something... Simple I guess, my FI and his family are not catholic, so we wanted to find somewhere that wasnt too overwhelming. If any of you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catholic Chapel

• edited December 2011

Do you already have a priest/deacon who is willing to officiate? Have you asked them for recommendations? Is your home parish not a good fit for you and FI?

Honestly, I can't think of a chapel (at least in Albuquerque) that holds 300 people and is simple. There are definitely churches here that could host that many but most of them are fairly ornate and require that you be a parish member. The only one I can think of is on Kirtland AFB. It.hosts both Protestant and Catholic services and might hold 300. I'm not sure what their requirements are for a marriage to be held there.

• edited December 2011
    Maybe try the acequia center at unm?
  • edited December 2011
    Mam, I dont have a priest to officiate yet.. but I have one in mind. Our home parish is okay, but like I said we were looking for something thats not too overwhelming for the family... Thank you so much for your suggestion, I will be looking in to the AFB...
    And Terahmjava, The acequia center? I have never heard of it... is there another name for it? I tried to google it and looked on the UNM website, but I can't seem to find it. Thank you so much!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she means the Aquinas Newman Center at UNM.

http://www.aquinasnm.org
  • kcfryekcfrye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI and I went to wedding last summer to a wedding at the John XXIII Catholic Community. (Quoting the invitation here. I saved it for inspiration.) The address is 4831 Tramway Ridge Dr. NE Albuquerque, NM 87111 
     There is probably room for 300 people at this church. The couple we know had at least 250 guests for the ceremony there, but they had their reception downtown at the El Rey Theater. I'm not sure of the requirements to get married there since I'm not Catholic myself, but it was a nice simple building and the sanctuary was simple and warm. It did have a huge crucifix on one side, but I think you'll get that with any Catholic church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards