Maryland

budget venues in harford county

Hi, I just got engaged and I am trying to keep costs down, is it better to go w/ a venue that supplies everything like Mountain Branch, or one like the lirodendron where you have to find your own caterer?

Re: budget venues in harford county

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It really all depends.  Like PP said you need to price everything out.  You need to decide what is most important to you and what you are willing to spend money on.  Also, some venues have a list of specific vendors that you must choose from so that may limit who you can hire.  I would pick two to three venues that you really like, price things out and make a pro and con list and then decide from there.

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We went to Mountain Branch but it is way overpriced for us.  Liriodendron is reasonable, not much for the rental and many caterers will offer fair prices.  Its maybe 2k rental so if you have 100ppl, thats $20 per person.  Mountain branch charges more than $80pp for a saturday night, you can definitely and absolutely find catering for less than $60.

Now Geneva is very reasonable, they are actually one of the final two we are considering and we are sort of in your same quandry.  Either do the all-in-one (they include the DJ and beer and wine with food for a very fair price) or a "put it together" wedding at a different venue. 

What we are doing is exactly what PP said.  I will get the final bottom line quote from our caterer, including set-up and service fees and delivery fees, taxes, gratuity, etc.  Then it will just come down to what the bottom line is for the pieced together wedding vs. the all-in-one at Geneva.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!  My husband and I are a wedding photography team here in harford county -- here are a few of our favorite locations!

Rockfield Manor http://www.rockfieldmanor.com -- great location!!

Vandiver Inn http://www.vandiverinn.com -- never had the chance to work there, but it looks beautiful and have heard nothing but good things...

We also did a wedding at The Manor Tavern in Baltimore County that was nice as well.  

I don't really know much about the pricing of these locations, just that they are worth looking into.  However, I can say that when my hubby and I got married 5 years ago, it was kind of a relief to go with an all-in-one location -- one less thing to have to worry about!!  

Good luck!

kristin + darrell
    darrell mcdavid photography
  • edited December 2011

We are getting married at Bulle Rock Golf Club in Havre de Grace and we think it's very, very reasonable.  They have the linens, tables, utensils and food on-site.  They also have a spectacular view of the Susquehanna River from the terrace.  Good luck!

• Visit www.watersedgeevents.com to learn about the new waterfront venue opening late summer.  A beautiful venue with competitive pricing.  Pictures are also avail. on FB.  Call Cathy Dermott at 410-297-9467 for more information or to set up an appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards