Flowers
Options

alstromeria

Is anyone using alstromeria in their arrangements/bouquets? I'd like to see some pictures of how these look in a bouquet. I don't really like the look of them by themselves but my florist suggested putting some in my bouquet.

Re: alstromeria

• Options
    eas2730eas2730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, not using it. Seems like a filler flower. She may have suggested it to add variety or color or maybe to give you the look of a bigger bouquet and bring the price down.If you don't like it, don't use it. Of course it's great to listen to suggestions from vendors, they are doing this stuff every week, but remember they are working for you. Get what you want. I like stephanotis, if you feel you need something else to break up color/pattern, etc.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are fully open and bunched together, then they form kind of a big ball, with a similar look to hydraengeas. Otherwise, they are more of a filler flower. But I use them all the time. They are inexpensive, available year round, come in many colors, and while they look delicate, they are easy to work with, and last very well, even in the heat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using white roses and alstomeria with a yellow throat. Alstromeria are one of my favorite flowers though...and I wanted something a little different. They are inexpensive and come in a variety of colors. I would ask the florist to make up a small sample bouquet so you get an idea of what it looks like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what other flowers are you using? i think they look good as filler flowers, depending on what the other flowers are.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kamjharmonkamjharmon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alstro's are not a filler flower and indeed look quite pretty. The problem is brides want the big show for a very small budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards