New York-New York City

Dance lessons

Hi all
I'm usually on the south Florida page b/c that's where I'm from/where my wedding is but I live in NYC with my fiancé. Wondering if anyone has used a company for dance lessons in the city that they would recommend? preferably ues but we can go wherever. Thanks so much!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dance lessons

• MRaichelMRaichel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Stepping Out Studios on W26th.
  • Cinderella30Cinderella30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Stepping Out Studios. 
  • JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of lessons? Private? Group? Have you checked out You Should Be Dancing?
  • DanceSportDanceSport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DanceSport (34th Street btw 5th and 6th). They offer private lessons and a wedding group class on Wednesday nights. 
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing on UES that I know of (been doing ballroom/swing for over 10 years). The ones mentioned above are good -- also look at Dance Manhattan (18th st betw 5th & 6th I think) and Sandra Cameron (Lafayette Street/Astor). All of the places should offer wedding type classes where you get an overview of all te ballroom styles. Group classes are great in that you learn alot from dancing with other folks, and you'll meet folks doing the same, and can go out to practice as a group-- but that requies making a time commitment to learning and practicing over time -- great if you both enjoy and want to get into it more. There's always somewhere to go out social dancing -- particularly if you get into the swing or slasa community. However, if you just want to get wedding ready, quickly, private classes may be the fast fix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards